Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wolf executive order

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I’ve posted every fact, showing gun violence is at 1940s levels. I shown there’s thousands and thousands of laws throughout the states,460 pages of ATF laws and numerous federal laws and they still don’t care. I pointed out their oath is to the constitution and not these radicals and they don’t care. What can we do when these liars just do what they want regardless? I’m really getting pissed off with this”common sense” bs....Hitler,Mao, Stalin and pol pot would agree with Wolf. What can we do?
    In PA, we can replace some of these legislators with Constitutionalists. It requires working within the Republican party framework, but beating the establishment republican. Right now, establishment candidates generally win because the establishment wants them to win, and because the establishment wrote all the rules of the game so that their candidates *will* win.

It means getting good outsider candidates and getting them elected to lower office, and helping them work their way up the political ladder by volunteering for their campaigns and raising money for them. (This nonsense where someone who has never run for any office before decides "I think I'll run for Congress" is total bullshit. You don't come out of high school, walk on a major league baseball field and expect to play 3rd base.)

Running for office is hard work and time consuming. It's 24x7 for 10-12 months with no guarantee of being elected. But getting just one person elected in a key district can change the dynamics in a big way.

The problem is that most conservatives don't want to be involved in government. We want distance between us and government. But because we don't sufficiently participate (run for office, volunteer for someone else campaign, raise money) we end up being governed by our political opposition, which is more than happy to run for government jobs.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

PickingPA Guest

The left’s tactic - and it works - is to make republican candidate’s lives a living hell, as an example to others who may consider running.

The attack the candidates
    They attack the candidate’s family
    They fabricate accusations
    They threaten violence
    They stake out homes
    They yell at you in restaurants and airports
    They cheat, lie & steal until they win

They want to make the rest of us say “screw that, I ain’t running for office, I’m not putting my family through that”

On a grand scale, at the highest level, what they are constantly doing to Trump is a warning to the rest of us. They just never expected Trump to fight back, because no Republican ever did.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    Ban Philly and there goes 90% of the shootings in Pennsylvania.
    Put the Maurice Hill types in jail where they belong problem solved. Problem is Wolf and friends want all these murders so they can push their tyrannical gun control. Sounds radical? It is ...they are
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Put the Maurice Hill types in jail where they belong problem solved. Problem is Wolf and friends want all these murders so they can push their tyrannical gun control. Sounds radical? It is ...they are
    Which is also why they want felons to be able to vote. Open the jails and disarm the law-abiding citizens? Sounds good to them.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

^^^^This is exactly what they are doing.

(Bucks County)

This changes the game, they’re putting lives in danger to forward a hostile takeover. Re reading the Declaration of Independence. This is beyond corruption this is a takeover.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    In PA, we can replace some of these legislators with Constitutionalists. It requires working within the Republican party framework, but beating the establishment republican. Right now, establishment candidates generally win because the establishment wants them to win, and because the establishment wrote all the rules of the game so that their candidates *will* win.

It means getting good outsider candidates and getting them elected to lower office, and helping them work their way up the political ladder by volunteering for their campaigns and raising money for them. (This nonsense where someone who has never run for any office before decides "I think I'll run for Congress" is total bullshit. You don't come out of high school, walk on a major league baseball field and expect to play 3rd base.)

Running for office is hard work and time consuming. It's 24x7 for 10-12 months with no guarantee of being elected. But getting just one person elected in a key district can change the dynamics in a big way.

The problem is that most conservatives don't want to be involved in government. We want distance between us and government. But because we don't sufficiently participate (run for office, volunteer for someone else campaign, raise money) we end up being governed by our political opposition, which is more than happy to run for government jobs.
    Why don't we find and propel candidates from our own ranks? We should work to put something together that would help prospective candidates get into and win local and state races. Would something like that be against the site rules in regards to it's incorporation status?

I'm a nobody and I'd totally run for something. I'm not in the best districts (jerry-mandered to hell) but I don't have any skeletons in my closet.

Interesting. I thought he would use the order to take direct action on restrictions, but instead he is creating an apparatus from which gun control can be implemented even after he steps down from office (assuming the next governor does not rescind it).
    Get up

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Why don't we find and propel candidates from our own ranks? We should work to put something together that would help prospective candidates get into and win local and state races. Would something like that be against the site rules in regards to it's incorporation status?

I'm a nobody and I'd totally run for something. I'm not in the best districts (jerry-mandered to hell) but I don't have any skeletons in my closet.
    The GPP?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I’ve posted every fact, showing gun violence is at 1940s levels. I shown there’s thousands and thousands of laws throughout the states,460 pages of ATF laws and numerous federal laws and they still don’t care. I pointed out their oath is to the constitution and not these radicals and they don’t care. What can we do when these liars just do what they want regardless? I’m really getting pissed off with this”common sense” bs....Hitler,Mao, Stalin and pol pot would agree with Wolf. What can we do?
    Take back the MEDIA, or a good part of it. That's what creates public opinion and they are just repeating the Democrats' lies, over and over again. How to do that? Good question. The "Is it Time" alternative is probably more realistic. It is VERY frustrating.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast