Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 134
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    It should have been the Office of "Keep violent Felons in jail, so they can't commit more violent crime". Maybe these Democrat politicians should do their jobs, enforce existing laws, and not plea gun charges, and violent crime down to minor sentences.
    They will never do it, because...


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Union County
    (Union County)
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Sure Commie Tommy Wolfe recognizes the 2nd Amendment and Article 1 Section 21 of our State Constitution.

    He sees them, recognizes them, and despises them.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Apolacon Township, Pennsylvania
    (Susquehanna County)
    Age
    73
    Posts
    5,056
    Rep Power
    11416847

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Here's my short note to Wolfe:

    I just read about your "Sweeping Executive Order to Reduce Gun Violence" if there's anything that you should be working on it is getting facts correct. Since the "subject du jour" is "gun violence" (a phony term in itself since a gun is an implement and requires human control to activate) you should know that according to the FBI the year 2017 saw 735 Murders in Pa. of that number firearms were used in 567 (source Table 20 FBI UCR 2017). A far cry from the 1,600 violent fatalities you hope others shall think of as murders.

    No matter the number, and no matter the weapon used it is too many, but seriously if you want something done start demanding strict enforcement of the Commonwealth's laws! There are more than ample laws to force those of questionable mental health into temporary evaluation, more than ample to pursue and indict those who'd do straw purchases or those who'd lie and try to obtain guns from legal sources. Or "prohibited persons" illegally in possession of firearms.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Coal, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Do we have any recourse to deal with this? Since its an executive order, what can we do? Aside from calling and writing.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chester County, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    4,170
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Quote Originally Posted by Shwa View Post
    Do we have any recourse to deal with this? Since its an executive order, what can we do? Aside from calling and writing.
    Elect a Republican Governor who can get rid of all Wolf EO's with the stroke of a pen like Trump did to Obama's.
    Pilot321, the Un-Woke

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Why don't we find and propel candidates from our own ranks? We should work to put something together that would help prospective candidates get into and win local and state races. Would something like that be against the site rules in regards to it's incorporation status?

    I'm a nobody and I'd totally run for something. I'm not in the best districts (jerry-mandered to hell) but I don't have any skeletons in my closet.
    We are able to politically organize here as much as we want.
    PAFOA cannot officially endorse our political activity.
    As long as that separation exists we as forum users are good to go.

    If you want to run for office please do so.
    PA gun owners must start to participate in politics.

    We need to offer organic 2A candidates from among our ranks just like the Tea Party did before.
    I will support any grassroots 2A candidate here willing to make the effort to run for political office.

    The only way to protect the 2A in PA is for us to take back control of our politics at all levels of government.
    Complaining that there are no true Conservative candidates is not enough, we must make the transition from passive to active participation in our government.

    No elected office is too big or too small.
    School board, township board, city council, state rep, whatever.
    We must start participating in the political process and taking an active role in our own governance.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    NA, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    21474838

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    We are able to politically organize here as much as we want.
    PAFOA cannot officially endorse our political activity.
    As long as that separation exists we as forum users are good to go.

    If you want to run for office please do so.
    PA gun owners must start to participate in politics.

    We need to offer organic 2A candidates from among our ranks just like the Tea Party did before.
    I will support any grassroots 2A candidate here willing to make the effort to run for political office.

    The only way to protect the 2A in PA is for us to take back control of our politics at all levels of government.
    Complaining that there are no true Conservative candidates is not enough, we must make the transition from passive to active participation in our government.

    No elected office is too big or too small.
    School board, township board, city council, state rep, whatever.
    We must start participating in the political process and taking an active role in our own governance.
    Well said

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,639
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    We are able to politically organize here as much as we want.
    PAFOA cannot officially endorse our political activity.
    As long as that separation exists we as forum users are good to go.

    If you want to run for office please do so.
    PA gun owners must start to participate in politics.

    We need to offer organic 2A candidates from among our ranks just like the Tea Party did before.
    I will support any grassroots 2A candidate here willing to make the effort to run for political office.

    The only way to protect the 2A in PA is for us to take back control of our politics at all levels of government.
    Complaining that there are no true Conservative candidates is not enough, we must make the transition from passive to active participation in our government.

    No elected office is too big or too small.
    School board, township board, city council, state rep, whatever.
    We must start participating in the political process and taking an active role in our own governance.
    Only a glutton for punishment would take a seat on a School Board or Twp.
    Sorry but I'm all out of pity right now, please try later.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Only a glutton for punishment would take a seat on a School Board or Twp.
    Yes.
    I think it's time that the 2A community accepts a little self sacrifice and punishment to save our rights and our country.
    It's our turn.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,639
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Wolf executive order

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Yes.
    I think it's time that the 2A community accepts a little self sacrifice and punishment to save our rights and our country.
    It's our turn.
    Now you're pushing the limits!
    Sorry but I'm all out of pity right now, please try later.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new executive order on gun control
    By middlefinger in forum National
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: December 13th, 2016, 09:48 PM
  2. Executive Order 13662
    By Beergod0352 in forum Rifles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 19th, 2014, 12:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops