Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default WTK: Need an FFL who will receive a Rifle from a private seller in Delco/Montco

I may purchase an M1 Garand from a private seller. I Need an FFL who will receive a Rifle from that private seller in Delco/Montco area. I am in zip code 19096 but I will travel an hour to work with the FFL.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by MD66948; August 12th, 2019 at 04:06 PM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: WTK: Need a C&R or FFL who will receive a Rifle from a private seller in Delco/Mo

My understanding is that C&R holders are not intended to be in the "transfer" business. They can certainly sell off guns they have acquired in the past, but the license is meant to facilitate personal collection of older firearms, not to be engaging in transfers between other parties - whether they charge or not.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: WTK: Need a C&R or FFL who will receive a Rifle from a private seller in Delco/Mo

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    My understanding is that C&R holders are not intended to be in the "transfer" business. They can certainly sell off guns they have acquired in the past, but the license is meant to facilitate personal collection of older firearms, not to be engaging in transfers between other parties - whether they charge or not.

Exactly

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Montgomery County)

Thanks, I didn't know that.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MD66948 View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know that.
    Since you're dealing with a long gun, from another private seller, why the need for an FFL at all? Is the seller requiring this? Is the seller out of state?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Since you're dealing with a long gun, from another private seller, why the need for an FFL at all? Is the seller requiring this? Is the seller out of state?
    Ed Zachary. No need to involve .gov
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Montgomery County)

out of state

Correct. Doing the above thru a C&R would probably be construed as a conspiracy , and a straw purchase , and since a Federal License and state lines are involved , those might be felonies.

If a C&R were to dio this , you would still have to go to a Class 01 FFL with state license to sell , the C&R would then transfer it to them , and have the 01 do a retail sale with PICS.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Wayne County)

I don't know where C&r came in here...anyone can send a gun to an 01 FFL for transfer. I don't think op ever mentioned shipping to a c&r.. Whether they will take it or not from a private party is up to the FFL, most don't to cover their behinds and will only work with other Ffls. Best bet for OP I can think of is to go on GunBroker and use the find FFL list and start calling. 2nd option is work out the other party shipping through a local FFl for a fee. Many places don't mind that as they ship and receive guns all day every day. It's just getting the seller in there to make it happen and absorbing the extra cost.
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; August 13th, 2019 at 08:41 AM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    I don't think op ever mentioned shipping to a c&r.
    The original question from the OP did include asking about a 03 being an option. Fourth post down he acknowledges he wasn't aware initially.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast