Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Mitch McConnell looking at Assault Weapons Ban

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    This had already been discussed in the thread
    "2ND AMENDMENT ALERT: Would Trump Consider an 'Assault Rifle' Ban? It Appears that"
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=350530&page=2

The article is here
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ter-in-senate/

To me it appears like Breitbart is hyping things up. Mitch just tried to fend off the press when asked about the possibility of a ban. The GOP and Trump has to know that their chances are gone in 2020 if they pass an assault weapons ban bill.
    Thank you for posting the article link.

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    But if you think about it, LEO's would be the ones to enforce such a ban/confiscation - and I'm willing to bet a majority of them stand with us on this matter. There's been numerous examples to date of different police and sheriff's departments publicly refusing to enforce new gun laws.
    I hear that a lot, and I'm willing to bet you're wrong. Certainly not in Pa. They're just "doing their job", and if that means shooting you dead to get home safe, you're just another obstacle in the way of that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I hear that a lot, and I'm willing to bet you're wrong. Certainly not in Pa. They're just "doing their job", and if that means shooting you dead to get home safe, you're just another obstacle in the way of that goal.
    Out of rep.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think most of them would follow the orders of those who pay them and have control over their Pensions, and life long benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think most of them would follow the orders of those who pay them and have control over their Pensions, and life long benefits.
    agreed.

(Northampton County)

Could it be that the time has come to have a serious discussion about all of these proposed laws. All that seems to happen is the laws are proposed and then they get shut down through some procedure.

What if we actually had a discussion that forced the left to defend their positions. They want expanded background checks? Explain how the expanded background check would have prevented either of these most recent shootings. The fact is they wouldn't have been prevented and it's time that was made clear, force the other side to admit it and end the discussion.

Force them to explain how any proposal would have prevented a shooting, if they can't then they should stfu. Force them to come up with something that would actually work. And if they say "Red Flag Laws", have the discussion and force them to include provisions that truly protect the rights of the individual accused of (not sure what their accused of? Being a big meanie? IDK). It wouldn't take long before the requirements were so onerous as to render the law useless.

We all know that at some point their only remaining argument will include some form of taking away rights, and when that happens, turn it around on them and use the same theories to take away things they hold dear. Need background checks? Make sure to include voter ID. Abortion? Five day waiting period and a mental health check. After all, if any single right can be stripped, they can all be stripped.

The time has come to show the general public that the left trotting out the same lame ideas time after time are not real solutions and further, they have no ideas that will work.

(Chester County)

If Republicans introduce, or even just support any "Assault Weapons" legislation, or anything to do with curtainling Semi-Autos in general, it is going to be a huge shit show.

Sounds like people need to start backing libertarians.

(Allegheny County)

Folks, let’s remember the 94 AWB grandfathered in existing owners. It essentially stopped the sale of new AWs.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksnack View Post
    Folks, let’s remember the 94 AWB grandfathered in existing owners. It essentially stopped the sale of new AWs.
    They will be pushing a Mandatory buy back program this time with no grandfathering. I.E. confiscation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast