Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Minimalist holsters - Who uses one?

I picked up a Mission First Minimalist claw holster to try out on my Glock and I am loving it so far. It is supposed to be for IWB appendix carry, but it works just fine carrying IWB or inside the belt at 3:00 to 5:00.

With what I've read about Glock triggers being sensative, light and no external safety, I bought it for an extra level of safety when carrying in my fanny pack on hot days. I can tie the holster to the pack so the gun draws and the holster stays. But I can also pull the whole kit out and safely shove it into my pants if I want to have it more accessable.

In general, it's just a trigger cover with a belt clip. But I'm finding it to be a nice little addition to my gear for when I don't want to wear a "better" holster.

Anyone else using something similar?

https://www.missionfirsttactical.com.../minimalistiwb
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(York County)

Default Re: Minimalist holsters - Who uses one?

I'm not sure if this counts but I primarily use the DeSanti Super-Fly for my Sig P238.

During the summer I wear cargo shorts and this goes in my front right pocket. It's barely noticeable and with the optional protective shield that I can velcro on so that there is no printing. Another plus is the outside texture is a bit sticky so the holster will not tend to come out with the gun if I draw. The down side is of course I could not reholster one-handed. Luckily I've never had to face that problem yet.

The P238 does have an external safety.

https://www.desantisholster.com/super-fly/

M44-SUPER-FLY__43940.1525793982.jpg