Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some Jersey boys got confused

Went out for lunch at a local Chinese place. I OCed a CZ 97 in a tan leather thumb break. Big and noticable 45.

Two guys were painting the building with their NJ plate van. As I leave, I hear the one guy ask the other “Is that a cop?”, the other guy said where? “The guy has a pistol, right there!” . No one panicked, and I walked away. It didn’t seem fitting for me to engage them— it would have been awkward.

I grew up in NJ. I know back then, if I saw a guy OCing I assumed LEO.

For the OCers here: is that the most common remark? Asking if one is LE? I get that 90 percent of the time.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Some Jersey boys got confused

My CZ-97B is my favorite .45. I don't normally OC, but that is the typical reaction of many people, as they don't think it is legal to do it. I saw a guy OCing a pretty larege, fixed blade knfe in a store, and the woman cashier asked me "Is that legal?"

(Lehigh County)

Here in the Lehigh Valley area. For non-gun people from out of state. Asking if I'm a cop is a common question.
    While PA people, or pro-gun NJ people, usually ask me what caliber I'm carrrying.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    My CZ-97B is my favorite .45. I don't normally OC, but that is the typical reaction of many people, as they don't think it is legal to do it. I saw a guy OCing a pretty larege, fixed blade knfe in a store, and the woman cashier asked me "Is that legal?"
    Glad there's another CZ .45 fan. Has yours held up well over time? I'm ambivalent about the threaded barrel bushing (seems like it *could* cause problems if it gets damaged in hard use). I love the thin profile of this hi-capacity .45. The grip, with the aluminum grips, is thinner than a SIG P220 or 1911.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Glad there's another CZ .45 fan. Has yours held up well over time? I'm ambivalent about the threaded barrel bushing (seems like it *could* cause problems if it gets damaged in hard use). I love the thin profile of this hi-capacity .45. The grip, with the aluminum grips, is thinner than a SIG P220 or 1911.

Yes, it has held up well as have all my others. The threaded barrel has never been an issue. If you're concerned about the barrel bushing, Cajun Gun Works has a solution. They KNOW their CZ's. I have had CZ's since the early 90's. They are by far my favorite pistols.

https://cajungunworks.com/

(Bucks County)

I really like the 97's except for the price. For half, I got a Sar K2 .45 CZ clone.

It's a Turkish CZ/Sigish hybrid. 14 rounds of thunder if the gods and 3.2 lbs loaded. When the thunder runs out, Thor's hammer will work in a pinch.

Forged frame slide and barrel, it has fantastic S/A trigger, it eats every kind of ammo like M&M's, uses nice Mecgar mags, it's insanely accurate, and the recoil feels less than that of a CZ75.

I really love that thing.

Only drawbacks are the cheesy plastic grips. They actually feel pretty good, they just seem flimsy. Also, the holster selection blows.

(Chester County)

As I leave, I hear the one guy ask the other “Is that a cop?”, the other guy said where? “The guy has a pistol, right there!” . No one panicked, and I walked away. It didn’t seem fitting for me to engage them— it would have been awkward.
    Might have been fun to acknowledge the comment with a smile and something witty like, “not a cop, but when seconds count police are minutes away”.

Funniest reaction?

At the counter at Walmart, as I swept my jacket back to get $ out of my front pocket my OC 2 o'clock 9mm became visible to which the young guy at the counter said "Oh shit!"

...I told him his mom doesn't want him to use that language

Coolest?

Powerwashing my wife's place of business. Property manager pulled up to see how it was going. She said with such a cheery voice "I see you're packin'..."

I left it go at that lol

(Indiana County)

"Yeah, and I'm carrying a gun, too." Only thing you could have said, if you had said it.

(Adams County)

RockIsland, I agree 100% with your assessment of the Sar K2 45. I love my gun and it's the only 45 I own. I bought a Wild Bill's leather holster for a Sig 226 and it fits great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast