Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default PA Senator Lisa Baker(R) to hold hearings in response to "Mass Shootings"

http://www.senatorbaker.com/2019/08/...q7LzYhOsW8TsDg

Posted on Aug 06, 2019
    HARRISBURG—Senate Judiciary Chair Sen. Lisa Baker (R-20th) issued the following statement regarding a legislative response to mass shootings:

“The rising and devastating toll from mass shootings obligates officials at every level to determine potentially effective remedies. That means not only examining what can be constitutionally accomplished in respect to weapons and ammunition, but the dire need to upgrade mental health services and to confront the climate of hate and bias that encourages supremacists and others to act in violent and destructive ways.

The notion that state leaders have been blind and dumb to community concern and outcry is misplaced. A variety of bills have passed in the last year, more have been introduced, and other substantive pieces are close. We recognize as well that there are sharply conflicting perspectives between the regions of Pennsylvania and within communities themselves on various approaches. Our challenge and responsibility is to forge a consensus on any potential changes to current laws, regulations, and funding.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will be holding a series of public hearings intended as a prelude to action. Advocates and opponents will have the chance to make their respective cases in full spotlight and answer the hard questions about their positions.

While every citizen feels urgency about action, the choices we make must be applicable across the state. A patchwork of local ordinances will prove more troublesome for law-abiding citizens than it will any impediment to individuals determined to act out on their rage.

In looking at new requirements or restrictions, we also must evaluate how recent steps have been implemented and whether they are making a measurable difference. Taking symbolic steps sends a message, but it ultimately does not save lives. Something unworkable or unenforceable or unable to withstand a legal challenge does not provide the real protection our constituents are demanding.”

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: PA Senator Lisa Baker(R) to hold hearings in response to "Mass Shootings"

If you want to help make a difference, this is it.
    This is something we need to attend en masse.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA Senator Lisa Baker(R) to hold hearings in response to "Mass Shootings"

Can we maybe talk some one from GOA into speaking during this?

(York County)

Republicans are folding like cheap plastic chairs. Can't take this lightly

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kp15460 View Post
    Republicans are folding like cheap plastic chairs. Can't take this lightly
    Yes they are, and it is VERY scary.

(Beaver County)

Everyone wants to be re-elected, so they talk about "doing something".

I never liked her from the start.

(Chester County)

I'll be keeping a close eye on this, and planning to attend. Would be great if we could get some backup from a national org like GOA too.

This could be very serious for us. We have too many wobbly Rs in the state legislature. Would be great if we could have a big turnout of pro-2a people.

ETA: We also (hopefully) have an opportunity to push this toward things that might actually help save people (constitutional carry, armed/trained teachers, etc)
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; August 7th, 2019 at 02:45 PM.

(Montgomery County)

The Rs are showing who they are and most likely push for an AWB unfortunately we either vote them in they do damage or vote them out and the Dems do damage either way one side or the other screws us. Unlike Democrats they are afraid to lose their place in the political arena the Dems stand fast willing g to lose on vote day going out like Rocky fighting tooth and nail to the bitter end I can respect that where Republicans play let's make a deal feel better garbage. 10yrs ago Republicans would NEVER BRING THIS UP ESPECIALLY ON THEIR OWN! WTF? why would they do this bring heat on the GOP n themselves again time to vote these pieces of shit out of office your damned if you do damn if you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by 31ST MEUSOC View Post
    The Rs are showing who they are and most likely push for an AWB unfortunately we either vote them in they do damage or vote them out and the Dems do damage either way one side or the other screws us. Unlike Democrats they are afraid to lose their place in the political arena the Dems stand fast willing g to lose on vote day going out like Rocky fighting tooth and nail to the bitter end I can respect that where Republicans play let's make a deal feel better garbage. 10yrs ago Republicans would NEVER BRING THIS UP ESPECIALLY ON THEIR OWN! WTF? why would they do this bring heat on the GOP n themselves again time to vote these pieces of shit out of office your damned if you do damn if you dont.
    This is why I state to legislators that if they sell us up the river that I will vote democrat. They've gone off their political knocker so I will too. Whether I will actually do this is 'to be determined'. I will send this legislator a letter as well as a letter to my representative Metcalfe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast