Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: PA Senator Lisa Baker(R) to hold hearings in response to "Mass Shootings"

Quote Originally Posted by digital05 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that by the time the senate reconvenes in 6 weeks, the whole thing will blow over. In a way, we got very lucky with the timing. Imagine all the knee-jerk legislation we'd be looking at, had this happened during a legislative session. That said, this is definitely something to keep an eye on.
    There is talk of a special session to pass gun control.
    This is not the time to be complacent or to hope things blow over.
    Send some emails, make some calls, and attend legislative gun hearings.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: PA Senator Lisa Baker(R) to hold hearings in response to "Mass Shootings"

She is an ass pro-gun really why is she calling a session of judicial committee? And whispers of special session that's a Democrat tactic hurry pass a law before anyone can attend to find out what it is! That's why today I changed my party from Republican to Libertarian the GOP is a complete and utter failure total spineless jelly fish a Democrats BITCH!

(Lancaster County)

EVERYONE use that GOA letter.

Since I was one of the few PAFOA members actually IN THE ROOM when she promised us and GOA she would not sign any gun control...I heavily modified and personalized my letter:

---------------------------------

Subject: Gun control, promises and an oath.

As a Pennsylvania gun owner, I feel betrayed by your recent call for public hearings on gun control in the wake of the El Paso and Dayton murders.

I personally sat in with you and a gun rights organization (GOA), and some of my fellow gun owners in May on the day of our annual 2A rally in the Capitol. You had promised to us in person that you would NOT sign any gun control legislation. We specifically mentioned HB 2060 to you and you told us that you had no plans on voting for it after we described the contents of the bill to you...you said there were too many bills to remember the bill numbers individually. But then, you voted for it! It's a bill that can take someone's rights away with no due process and no proof of a legitimate claim. That's exactly what Red Flag Laws do. Now you're participating in more gun control.

In your August 6, 2019, public statement, you say that these hearings are a "prelude to action" and will examine "what can be constitutionally accomplished in respect to weapons and ammunition." That sure sounds like a call for more gun control to me!

On May 6, 2019, you promised Pennsylvania GOA Director Dr. Val Finnell, in the presence of a room full of grassroots activists and elected officials, that you had "no plans" to take up gun control legislation. I was one of those in attendance!

I expect you to keep that promise to Pennsylvania gun owners by refusing to consider any gun control bills, including Extreme Risk Protection Orders, expanded background checks, gun bans, or magazine capacity restrictions.

Allowing these bills to come up for a vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee will be considered an anti-gun action by Gun Owners of America.

I am asking you to immediately make an official statement that you will not consider any gun control legislation, including ERPOs, expanded background checks, gun bans, and magazine capacity restrictions. These actions make legislators and anti-gun activists "feel good", but they do absolutely ZERO to hinder criminals who will not follow those laws. Murder is already illegal...have they obeyed that? it's one of the Ten Commandments...if they ignore law from God Himself, do you actually expect them to cower in obedience to laws made by some Democrats (and a few Republicans) who have forsaken their oath of office to uphold the Constitution?

Again, I urge you to keep your promise and bury all gun control legislation in the PA Senate Judiciary Committee. We, the voters. and your supporters do pay attention to your actions and am pleading for you to listen to our wishes, as you are there to represent us and protect our freedom. Signing any gun control or restrictions does the exact opposite, it suppresses our freedom while not helping to keep us safer in any way...in fact, when left unable to protect our families by restrictive laws, these actions will only hurt your fellow citizens and make them unsafer as the criminals will continue to ignore them.

Please uphold your oath to protect the Constitution of the Commonwealth and United States.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Keep the pressure on
    ΑΣΦ

(Lancaster County)

Dates are scheduled for Sept 24-25. Clear your calendars.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Dates are scheduled for Sept 24-25. Clear your calendars.
    Thank you.

People, this is it.
    If you want to help protect the 2A in PA we need as many Poofa people as possible to attend these anti gun legislative hearings.
    Get the word out, take a day off if needed, and please attend these hearings in Harrisburg.

Pennsylvania Capitol Building, Harrisburg
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The paid Bloomberg red shirts will be there along with their manufactured talking points.
    We all need to be there to counter their paid presence and to represent the pro 2A position of the silent majority of Pennsylvania.

If you want to stop Pennsylvania from adopting New Jersey anti gun laws please attend these hearings.
    All you need to do is show up and help flood the Capitol with 2A people for 2 days.

I will see you there.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Thank you.

People, this is it.
    If you want to help protect the 2A in PA we need as many Poofa people as possible to attend these anti gun legislative hearings.
    Get the word out, take a day off if needed, and please attend these hearings in Harrisburg.

Pennsylvania Capitol Building, Harrisburg
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The paid Bloomberg red shirts will be there along with their manufactured talking points.
    We all need to be there to counter their paid presence and to represent the pro 2A position of the silent majority of Pennsylvania.

If you want to stop Pennsylvania from adopting New Jersey anti gun laws please attend these hearings.
    All you need to do is show up and help flood the Capitol with 2A people for 2 days.

I will see you there.
    Bern-

Lets do this people. The 2A rally is fun and helps motivate our own side, but this is the work that needs to be done to actually engage in the fight for your freedom.

SHOW UP!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    Done. Thanks for the link

(Bucks County)

I plan on being there at least one of the days. We need action alerts going out and send them to gun clubs, friends, Facebook, etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast