Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: PA Senator Lisa Baker(R) to hold hearings in response to "Mass Shootings"

She is my senator. I will wait to see what comes out of this.

(Berks County)

Default Re: PA Senator Lisa Baker(R) to hold hearings in response to "Mass Shootings"

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyHermit View Post
    She is my senator. I will wait to see what comes out of this.
    Don’t wait. Call her.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

This is why I am a libertarian. I can't support the left or right. I get shafted either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Don’t wait. Call her.
    This! Please don't wait! Now is the time to speak up while your voice is all that is required of you!
    I am not a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

I started this week off by contacting every one of my reps and senators, I’ve also signed on to the GOA action alert letters to the president and to legislators,I’ve contacted the White House 2 times and senator toomey’s office twice separately aside from the GOA. I’ve also forwarded the GOA action letters to every possible person I could, I’ve gotten 5 additional people to sign on and encouraged those same people to separately contact their senators reps and the White House, ive urged them to push anyone they know or work with as well. I’ve donated additional funds to the GOA. I pulled in at least 5 individuals into making their voices heard and hopefully those 5 will each pull in at least one more each. This is not a fight we can sit out, you can be quite certain that the leftists/anti gunners/moms demand action and Bloomberg crowd is working feverishly to capitalize on these terrible acts. I hope anyone else who reads this does the same. You can sit and say trump has already betrayed the 2A community (I won’t argue that he has disappointed us) and you can say that calling and emailing won’t make a difference but that attitude just ensures we will lose. I will just add that while President trump has definitely disappointed me personally on certain 2A issues,I look at it as he may just not understand fully how his actions hurt us and since he’s not a (gun guy) he figures as long as he’s not talking about banning guns or certain types of guns then he is protecting the 2A, he’s getting advice from other politicians and even the NRA and it’s our job as those who support our 2A rights to speak up loudly, remind him that he pledged to end the war on the 2A and educate him as to how his actions do the opposite. Say what you will about him I see that he has tried to keep most promises he made, just because he may have a difference of opinion on certain 2A issues doesn’t necessarily mean he is in reality anti gun, or that he lied to get elected. I just don’t believe that’s the case. I am not defending the bumpstock EO or the pushing of red flag laws, but I can definitely see how someone who isn’t steeped in 2A culture and actively involved in shooting and the history of gun control and issues related to gun control may look at red flag laws. I can see how they can think, hey that makes sense, I mean we are just trying to keep crazies from acting and we aren’t banning guns etc.. and when emotion is clouding your judgement you could easily have good intentions and not realize how much of a foot in the door to confiscation those red flag jaws really are. I’m just saying we have a somewhat ally in him so we need to work with that and not throw him overboard just yet. This is definitely an important time to make our voices heard.

(Wayne County)

Lisa Baker is becoming real sleazy. I wonder how my Rep. Pieffer feels about this.

Baker has become a real disappointment. We must activate to stop the threat at state level.

(Northampton County)

I'm pretty sure that by the time the senate reconvenes in 6 weeks, the whole thing will blow over. In a way, we got very lucky with the timing. Imagine all the knee-jerk legislation we'd be looking at, had this happened during a legislative session. That said, this is definitely something to keep an eye on.

I sat in on a meeting with Rep. Baker and GOA on the day of our annual 2A rally this year and we asked her some questions and conversed with her as well.

She said she was pro-gun and told us how she shoots...but was very uninformed on gun bills when we brought them up saying "there are so many bills, I can't possibly remember the bill numbers" when we mentioned specific bills. She spoke very wishy-washy, not laying down a concrete stance on anything gun-related despite her claims about personally being pro-gun.

I came out of that meeting hoping she was on our side but not entirely trusting her.

If she's your rep, CALL HER. Get others to call. Overwhelm her and make sure she knows where her constituents stand.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I sat in on a meeting with Rep. Baker and GOA on the day of our annual 2A rally this year and we asked her some questions and conversed with her as well.

She said she was pro-gun and told us how she shoots...but was very uninformed on gun bills when we brought them up saying "there are so many bills, I can't possibly remember the bill numbers" when we mentioned specific bills. She spoke very wishy-washy, not laying down a concrete stance on anything gun-related despite her claims about personally being pro-gun.

I came out of that meeting hoping she was on our side but not entirely trusting her.

If she's your rep, CALL HER. Get others to call. Overwhelm her and make sure she knows where her constituents stand.
    Good to know, this speaks of her true colors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast