Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Allegedly over 30 Dead in 2 shootings... Aug 8

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/04/nine-...acre-10514669/

Here comes the cry for MORE gun control. Nuts kill over 30 in tragic shootings. Didn't anyone especially in TX have a firearm to take the sob out?

I am probably late in reporting this so the Mod feel free to combine etc this thread.

These two shootings may have more impact on the law abiding citizens because one of them is an white supremist and one carried an AR-15. So my friends be prepared for the BS storm coming this way, and just in case buy some extra ammo and AR's! ~ I hope these tragic shootings do not force an even more intense call for gun control, restrictions etc. We should simply enforce the more than 50,000 laws and restrictions including federal, state and local ordinances etc that are already on the books. Also and foremost our government must address the USA's failed mental health system, if it can be called a system at all! Jails and prisons that are already overcrowded are home to the overflow of the mentally ill that commit crime. If these people were getting proper medical care maybe they wouldn't be criminals. Almost 57% of mentally ill Americans have no access to mental health care.
    Last edited by ProSee4; August 4th, 2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: I cut because the vid link was the same as the URL link
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegedly over 30 Dead in 2 shootings... Aug 8

I just heard the president say he’s talking to the AG he’s talking to the FBI director he’s talking to members of Congress and he’ll make a statement tomorrow at 10 AM I can only imagine what that all means. I hope to god he doesn’t betray us any more than he already has. He did focus directly on mental health and stressed that it’s a mental health issue in that both of these guys were severely mentally ill. I ll admit I wouldn’t want to be in his position at this moment but knee jerk restrictions on the rights of millions of people that own these firearms because of the actions of a few lunatics who broke the laws against murder is not the answer. I also hate that I went today and bought a lower and have a new upper and a lower parts kit on its way as a result of this weekend. I already have a few but we face the real possibility that there could be laws coming our way real soon that restrict our ability to buy these firearms. It won’t save any lives but that won’t matter. I hate this.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    I just heard the president say he’s talking to the AG he’s talking to the FBI director he’s talking to members of Congress and he’ll make a statement tomorrow at 10 AM I can only imagine what that all means. I hope to god he doesn’t betray us any more than he already has. He did focus directly on mental health and stressed that it’s a mental health issue in that both of these guys were severely mentally ill. I ll admit I wouldn’t want to be in his position at this moment but knee jerk restrictions on the rights of millions of people that own these firearms because of the actions of a few lunatics who broke the laws against murder is not the answer. I also hate that I went today and bought a lower and have a new upper and a lower parts kit on its way as a result of this weekend. I already have a few but we face the real possibility that there could be laws coming our way real soon that restrict our ability to buy these firearms. It won’t save any lives but that won’t matter. I hate this.
    Glad i have my ar pistol now. Made sure i bought a couple mags for it today at the gun show too.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Glad i have my ar pistol now. Made sure i bought a couple mags for it today at the gun show too.
    I placed an order for a 20inch upper I’ve been wanting and then ran up to local gun shop and picked up two lowers as well, one for the 20 inch A2 clone build and one just because..and I wasn’t the only one at the shop who was buying out of caution. My dealer went online to order more lowers and his supplier was out of stock which he says is not normal. So I think quite a few evil black rifles were sold over the weekend. I’ve got a lifetime supply of mags so I’m focused on additional rifles and ammo between now and 2020 election.

(Tioga County)

This sums it up:

America has a moral Crisis, not a gun control problem

America faces a moral crisis, not a gun control problem. As God and morality are purged from all our institutions, darkness, chaos, evil, and violence grow to fill in the gap. There is no political solution or regulation that will stop these evildoers. Only more armed law-abiding citizens and a true spiritual and moral revival will help reduce these atrocities and protect innocent lives.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz5vivEbOuJ
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
    MikeP

(Philadelphia County)

A 31 year-old man just killed his father "with an assault rifle" (not my words, the media's) over the weekend not far from my neighborhood. Guess what? The man has a long history of schizophrenia. As far as I know, the suspect is still at large.

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    This sums it up:

America faces a moral crisis, not a gun control problem. As God and morality are purged from all our institutions, darkness, chaos, evil, and violence grow to fill in the gap. There is no political solution or regulation that will stop these evildoers. Only more armed law-abiding citizens and a true spiritual and moral revival will help reduce these atrocities and protect innocent lives.

Oh, right, if only everyone believed in fairy tales and ghost stories, all would be well

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    This sums it up:

Agreed. We do have a morality problem. Whether one believes in God or not the fact that at one time religious morals were more readily taught and accepted. It does seem that as these have eroded over the years the we have spiraled down the hole we now find ourselves in. IMO

For me and my household we believe in God and pull our values from there.

(Bucks County)

My understanding of the El Paso Walmart shooting. The mall is a Simon mall. We have one nearby. Simon malls are posted with no guns notices.

The mentally ill MF's manifesto encourages and hopes for copy-cat shooters, and advises to seek soft targets.

WAKE THE FUCK UP, SIMON CORP! Police stopped him in 30 seconds, according to reports. 30 seconds to stop and 30 dead, many more injured. How many less had a nearby armed customer been able to intervene? WAKE UP, NO-GUNNERS!

Better plan as a customer may be to stay out of NO GUN malls.

There is a huge problem with armed customers in such settings. Shooter starts shooting, nearby armed customer draws and fires at the shooter, another armed customer thinks S/HE is the shooter and shoots him or her. So, allowing guns is no panacea either.
    Last edited by Bang; August 5th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    A 31 year-old man just killed his father "with an assault rifle" (not my words, the media's) over the weekend not far from my neighborhood. Guess what? The man has a long history of schizophrenia. As far as I know, the suspect is still at large.
    There are certain mental health issues that should auto disqualify anyone from owning/purchasing/possessing and that's one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast