Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Moms and Everytown, Investigation

Apologies for the wall of text.

https://ilwd4cr.home.blog/2019/08/05...exempt-status/

Short version

"Starting a separate thread from the Grandma's Demand Action .
    As you know, Everytown is in large part financed by Bloomberg. Moms Demand Action was absorbed into Everytown a while back. Everytown also has a Political Action Committee.

Everytown and MDA are non-profits. They are not supposed to be involved in political campaigns - huge no-no. Everytown does as a Political Action Committee (PAC). But, the lines get really, really blurry between the PAC and the "regular" Everytown. And that is a likely legal violation.

Here's the stakes: They are spending MILLIONS of dollars to target vulnerable Republican candidates. Virginia may be one seat away from becoming a Democrat controlled house of Delegates. Other states are at risk too. They are going to target several US Senators hard in November."

How to find Reps

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

Sample Letter
    Your Name
    Address
    City, State Zip Code

[Insert Date]

Dear Senator (or Representative) [Insert Last Name]:

My name is [Insert Your Name] and I reside in [Insert Your City, State].

I am deeply troubled by the actions of several non-profit groups that are explicitly engaging in aggressive political campaign activities. Everytown for Gun Safety, and its Moms Demand Action group, are purported non-profits and exempt from federal tax under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. I am writing you today to alert you to what I believe are activities that clearly fall outside of Everytown’s non-profit charitable purpose and mission.

Non-profits organizations are not supposed to engage in “political campaign activity” and if they do, IRS regulations mandate that the charitable nonprofit will lose its tax-exempt status. I have routinely observed representatives and officers from Everytown and Moms Demand Action engaging in political campaign activity (actively supporting or opposing a candidate for public office), explicitly and well beyond mere lobbying or legislative activities. Examples of their political activity can be found here on their 2017 form 990 return form: https://pdf.guidestar.org/PDF_Images...0455af3-9O.pdf

Their own document specifies that
    • Page 2 section 4a: “The organization also supported successful candidates for elected office nationwide, most notably in Virginia”.

• Page 34-37 part VI: “In 2017, Everytown For Gun Safety Action Fund made contributions to political candidates and political committees related to promoting the election of candidates who support the enactment of common-sense public safety measures to keep our communities safer from gun violence. In addition, Everytown made coordinated expenditures for communications related to the election of candidates for public office in Virginia and New Jersey.”

Everytown for Gun Safety has provided explicit support and donations for campaign finance activities, including:
    • Democratic Governors Association
    • Florida Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
    • Friends for Adam Morfeld (Nebraska State Senator) $5000
    • Friends of Justin Fairfax (Lieutenant Governor of Virginia) $10,000
    • Friends of Manka Dhingra (Washington State Senator) $1000
    • Murphy for Governor (Governor of New Jersey) $3200
    • National Conference of Democratic Mayors $50,000
    • Nevada State Democratic Party $25,000
    • South Carolina House Democratic Caucus $2500
    • Virginia House Democratic Caucus $50,000
    • Virginians for Mark Herring (attorney General of Virginia) $70,000

Local representatives of Everytown and Moms Demand Action leaders, actively campaign for political candidates under the banner of these organizations. Political candidates appear at Moms Demand Action meetings to make campaign speeches.

For these reasons, I implore you to investigate whether (i) the Everytown and/or Moms Demand Action have violated the federal laws governing 501(c)(4) charitable organizations since they became Everytown For Gun Safety in 2013, and (ii) if so, consider what remedies are warranted, including asking the IRS to revoke their 501(c)(4) status.

I understand this is a politically charged issue, however, the fact that Everytown and Moms Demand Action are in large part merely a path for “dark money” for with the only beneficiary appears to be Democratic political candidates. These organizations seem to be hiding behind the veneer of non-profit status, while essentially serving as de-facto political action committees.

I sincerely and respectfully ask that, as my representative in Congress, you support an investigation of these organizations, any why they continue to enjoy tax-exempt status while explicitly engaging in political campaign activities.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

Thank you for your time and considering my request.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Default Re: Moms and Everytown, Investigation

Someone is cheating at politics, supersize supersize.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Moms and Everytown, Investigation

Bloomberg has lawyers.

He probably has agents combing our pages.