Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
I was big on the War on Drugs. I thought that "dopers" were dissolute tools who needed weed to get through the day. I figured since they were liberals that they would enjoy being abused in prison, they could show their compassion.

My reality check happened when Poppy Bush turned on gun owners. The man was an elitist pig.

I slowly learned the truth about weed. It's not benign but it's not that awful. I don't like it for me. I don't feel right with it.

I would rather have to smell traces of weed in the air than live in a open air prison that was once called the United States. I consider having to deal with drunk or stoned people the lesser evil than living in an open air prison full of busybodies who mind my business.

Cause, hey, if everyone would mind their own business then nobody else would mind it for us. Plain as that.
If the government was serious about winning the war on drugs they would be sending special forces after cartel leaders in Mexico and South America. Those are really bad people who murder innocent people and are involved in other crimes like human trafficking. They don't want to win the war on drugs. Too many government officials depend on it to maintain their power and income. We wouldn't need the DEA or special drug task force units if we ended the war on drugs or at least significantly reduced the flow of narcotics into the country. That's all its about. Money and power. If It was up to me all the Federal alphabet agencies would be gone.