Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    I was big on the War on Drugs. I thought that "dopers" were dissolute tools who needed weed to get through the day. I figured since they were liberals that they would enjoy being abused in prison, they could show their compassion.

My reality check happened when Poppy Bush turned on gun owners. The man was an elitist pig.

I slowly learned the truth about weed. It's not benign but it's not that awful. I don't like it for me. I don't feel right with it.

I would rather have to smell traces of weed in the air than live in a open air prison that was once called the United States. I consider having to deal with drunk or stoned people the lesser evil than living in an open air prison full of busybodies who mind my business.

Cause, hey, if everyone would mind their own business then nobody else would mind it for us. Plain as that.
    If the government was serious about winning the war on drugs they would be sending special forces after cartel leaders in Mexico and South America. Those are really bad people who murder innocent people and are involved in other crimes like human trafficking. They don't want to win the war on drugs. Too many government officials depend on it to maintain their power and income. We wouldn't need the DEA or special drug task force units if we ended the war on drugs or at least significantly reduced the flow of narcotics into the country. That's all its about. Money and power. If It was up to me all the Federal alphabet agencies would be gone.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    That's basically what I would do. CBD is legal without a prescription. I haven't tried it yet though. If I had medical MJ I would just vape some wax at night after work. The meds I am on have horrible side effects. I can't just stop taking them without weaning off either. I get really nauseous if I miss a dose and get dizzy as hell. I am addicted to them technically. If I don't have my meds I can't function. It fucks up my life. I wouldn't have that problem with MJ. If I ran out I would be fine for a few days without it.
    Try CBD, it's legal nationwide and it has helped people I know.
    I also know people that didn't get much benefit from it, but you don't know unless you try.

A few words of caution, not all CBD is the same, and you basically get what you pay for.
    There are only a handful of companies worth buying from, much of the rest is garbage and full of unknown contaminants.

Some Poofa guys use CBD and have posted about it.
    You can also start a CBD thread and ask for recommended companies and products.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Try CBD, it's legal nationwide and it has helped people I know.
    I also know people that didn't get much benefit from it, but you don't know unless you try.

A few words of caution, not all CBD is the same, and you basically get what you pay for.
    There are only a handful of companies worth buying from, much of the rest is garbage and full of unknown contaminants.

Some Poofa guys use CBD and have posted about it.
    You can also start a CBD thread and ask for recommended companies and products.
    A relative of mine vapes CBD oil. He likes the gummies too. He tells me he sleeps better because of it. Back when I smoked weed illegally I was always under tge impression that weed high in CBD made people drowsy where as weed with a higher THC content made people light headed. It's been 7 years since I smoked anything weed related.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    If you haven't tried weed consider a vacation to Colorado. Try that stuff and see if it really helps.

I know some really anxious people who did not get better with weed. They learned to live a different live and/or change their diets.

I really wonder if you can get around your problems by lifestyle changes. It's just a suggestion.
    I smoked weed from age 14 to age 25. My early twenties were great. My mid twenties were hell. I stopped smoking weed after I got arrested for it. I am a recovered opiate addict. I got strung out on pills when I was 23. I had some legal issues that prevented me from owning guns. That's actually how I found this site. I am allowed to own guns now and own probably close to 20 at this point. I cherish my gun rights and don't want to lose them again. I am deathly afraid of prescription pills as they destroyed my life. I am not afraid of weed though. Weed didn't destroy my life.

(Montgomery County)

A relative of mine vapes CBD oil. He likes the gummies too. He tells me he sleeps better because of it. Back when I smoked weed illegally I was always under tge impression that weed high in CBD made people drowsy where as weed with a higher THC content made people light headed. It's been 7 years since I smoked anything weed related.
    Keep in mind that there are trace amounts of THC in even the purest CBD oil.
    There is not enough THC to affect the patient, but if concentrated CBD is taken in very large doses there is enough residual THC to fail a piss test.
    This is generally rare, and it only happens to real heavy duty chronic pain patients that take much more CBD than the average person.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Monroe County)

I smoked weed from age 14 to age 25. My early twenties were great. My mid twenties were hell. I stopped smoking weed after I got arrested for it. I am a recovered opiate addict. I got strung out on pills when I was 23. I had some legal issues that prevented me from owning guns. That's actually how I found this site. I am allowed to own guns now and own probably close to 20 at this point. I cherish my gun rights and don't want to lose them again. I am deathly afraid of prescription pills as they destroyed my life. I am not afraid of weed though. Weed didn't destroy my life.
    The problem with MJ and science has proved it is that before the brain is fully developed (around 25 it has devastating affects on brain development. After that it's pretty benign although THC does have some addictive qualities and the body does grow a tolerance.

It's far better than what big pharma is selling and way less addictive. Quality control and product consistency now seem to be in place, which was an issue on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    The problem with MJ and science has proved it is that before the brain is fully developed (around 25 it has devastating affects on brain development. After that it's pretty benign although THC does have some addictive qualities and the body does grow a tolerance.

It's far better than what big pharma is selling and way less addictive. Quality control and product consistency now seem to be in place, which was an issue on the streets.
    worse than what we used to huff out of spray cans? i mean, i inhaled a lot of shit growing up, did a lot of drinking too and my iq is still up way there above an average politician's.

obviously we should raise the voting age back to ?22? because the brain is still developing and can't be trusted to make nation altering decisions, especially when they're at home with mommy paying all the bills still. (this isn't in jest, i'm serious)
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    obviously we should raise the voting age back to ?22? because the brain is still developing and can't be trusted to make nation altering decisions, especially when they're at home with mommy paying all the bills still. (this isn't in jest, i'm serious)
    The prefrontal cortex is the last part to mature and develop. It has to do with planning, reasoning, and judgment. One can be intelligent and lack those qualities. Ever deal with brainiacs from academia that although genius level IQs lack common sense, reasoning and judgment?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Keep in mind that there are trace amounts of THC in even the purest CBD oil.
    There is not enough THC to affect the patient, but if concentrated CBD is taken in very large doses there is enough residual THC to fail a piss test.
    This is generally rare, and it only happens to real heavy duty chronic pain patients that take much more CBD than the average person.
    This is what concerns me. Failing a piss test.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Schuylkill County)

I smoked weed from age 14 to age 25
    I stopped smoking weed after I got arrested for it
    I am a recovered opiate addict
    I got strung out on pills when I was 23
    I had some legal issues that prevented me from owning guns
    I am deathly afraid of prescription pills as they destroyed my life.

own probably close to 20 (guns) at this point.

I am sorry for your problems, but respectfully, you appear to be the target audience for red flag laws. A recovering addict with anxiety issues, a life that has been destroyed, a police record and an "arsenal" of guns.
    My honest opinion? If weed helps you, then go for it and give up the guns until the government changes. Choose health now over the future probability of needing a gun.
    JMHO

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast