Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    10353799

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Remember that war on drugs that started back in the 1980s, when that ends, then you can have guns with drugs.
    Reagan turned the screws much tighter then. "Zero Tolerance" got started under him. Metastasized like a cancer to guns later on.

    Nixon started the War on Drugs. The War on Cancer. He wanted to ban "cheap handguns". He helped DeFlorio keep "assault weapons" illegal in New Jersey too. Nixon was an elitist shitbag and a boozer.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    10353799

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    I am really interested in trying medical MJ. I have two of the qaulifying conditions. I believe it's safer than the medication I currently use. The problem is that I would violate federal law by using medical MJ while owning guns.
    Lawyer time. I'd consult with two different ones. They know the Case Law and what is what. This is not the place to get legal advice, it'll be worth what you paid for it.



    Gotta love folks who trip over weed but drink. Any argument fit for weed is fit for alcohol. I've read that some folks want to bring back Prohibition. Some people would be happy if the entire nation was an open air prison.

    I tried weed, hated it. The stuff makes me feel like a zombie. More for everyone else. Ain't my business what people do if I'm not involved in it. I don't want any contact high or DUI.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    661
    Rep Power
    8500159

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    When pigs fly; because letting those pigs fly is the right thing to do in this case.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,933
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Remember that war on drugs that started back in the 1980s, when that ends, then you can have guns with drugs.
    war on drugs was under nixon in the 60's iirc. and back as far as the 30's the dems were implementing taxes and bans. all major drug laws have been passed through democrat majorities or super majorities in both houses and under dem or rino presidents. there have been 3 major acts iirc.
    the current push among dem leaders is to regain a base accepting of heavy taxation for some liberties. same among the republican leaders.

    and yes, you won't see deregulation, only "legalization" which means all the hoops and a tax without the prison. you won't see acceptance of guns+weed.
    however, when they make ar's illegal, might as well go for broke. can let the wife smoke for her crippling inflammatory disease, keep the guns and even have automatic ones.
    it's not more illegalerer than being illegal, right? didn't choose to wake up a criminal.
    Last edited by fallenleader; August 7th, 2019 at 08:17 PM.
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Woods, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    2691157

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    There's still too many people out there who grew up watching those idiotic reefer madness movies. They think "the weeds drugs" make people homicidal. Brainwash propaganda created by gov't officials with ulterior motives. It amazes me that there are adults who believe what the government tells them. My life experience has taught me to be extremely skeptical of anything the government tells me. As far as I am concerned the government is a bigger danger to society than drugs of any kind.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    72
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    If you assume that everything the government tells you is a lie, you'll be right 90%of the time.
    When the boot is on your throat, it doesn't matter if it's the left boot or right boot.
    Last edited by buxbandit; August 8th, 2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pocono`s, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3,452
    Rep Power
    16641984

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    I am really interested in trying medical MJ. I have two of the qaulifying conditions. I believe it's safer than the medication I currently use. The problem is that I would violate federal law by using medical MJ while owning guns. I can take Xanax and own guns. I can drink and own guns. I could take opiates and own guns. I could legally take many substances that are far more dangerous than MJ and own guns. My doctor offered me Xanax for my anxiety. I refused it. Xanax is as bad as heroin and the detox can be fatal. I swear to god I hate legislators. Worthless people who I pay with my taxes just so they can make my life harder. I read something online that there is a bill in the works to clear up this issue but I haven't heard anything more about it. The issue is that MJ is a schedule one substance under Federal law meaning it has no medical value. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Feds to get their heads out of their asses before I can try medical MJ.
    I hear you. I have a friend that had migraines so bad Jefferson's specialists couldn't fix it with biofeedback, drugs, Imitrex injections, botox injections. Got his MJ card and gets a sublingual oil. Migraines all but gone and for the first time in years can sleep a whole night. He uses a balance of CBD, THC and some other cannabinoids. No high, just pain relief, no migraines and actual sleep at night.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Woods, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    2691157

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I hear you. I have a friend that had migraines so bad Jefferson's specialists couldn't fix it with biofeedback, drugs, Imitrex injections, botox injections. Got his MJ card and gets a sublingual oil. Migraines all but gone and for the first time in years can sleep a whole night. He uses a balance of CBD, THC and some other cannabinoids. No high, just pain relief, no migraines and actual sleep at night.
    That's basically what I would do. CBD is legal without a prescription. I haven't tried it yet though. If I had medical MJ I would just vape some wax at night after work. The meds I am on have horrible side effects. I can't just stop taking them without weaning off either. I get really nauseous if I miss a dose and get dizzy as hell. I am addicted to them technically. If I don't have my meds I can't function. It fucks up my life. I wouldn't have that problem with MJ. If I ran out I would be fine for a few days without it.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    10353799

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    There's still too many people out there who grew up watching those idiotic reefer madness movies. They think "the weeds drugs" make people homicidal. Brainwash propaganda created by gov't officials with ulterior motives. It amazes me that there are adults who believe what the government tells them. My life experience has taught me to be extremely skeptical of anything the government tells me. As far as I am concerned the government is a bigger danger to society than drugs of any kind.

    I was big on the War on Drugs. I thought that "dopers" were dissolute tools who needed weed to get through the day. I figured since they were liberals that they would enjoy being abused in prison, they could show their compassion.

    My reality check happened when Poppy Bush turned on gun owners. The man was an elitist pig.


    I slowly learned the truth about weed. It's not benign but it's not that awful. I don't like it for me. I don't feel right with it.


    I would rather have to smell traces of weed in the air than live in a open air prison that was once called the United States. I consider having to deal with drunk or stoned people the lesser evil than living in an open air prison full of busybodies who mind my business.


    Cause, hey, if everyone would mind their own business then nobody else would mind it for us. Plain as that.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    10353799

    Default Re: So when are the Feds going to allow medical marijuana patients to own guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    That's basically what I would do. CBD is legal without a prescription. I haven't tried it yet though. If I had medical MJ I would just vape some wax at night after work. The meds I am on have horrible side effects. I can't just stop taking them without weaning off either. I get really nauseous if I miss a dose and get dizzy as hell. I am addicted to them technically. If I don't have my meds I can't function. It fucks up my life. I wouldn't have that problem with MJ. If I ran out I would be fine for a few days without it.
    If you haven't tried weed consider a vacation to Colorado. Try that stuff and see if it really helps.


    I know some really anxious people who did not get better with weed. They learned to live a different live and/or change their diets.

    I really wonder if you can get around your problems by lifestyle changes. It's just a suggestion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: December 4th, 2017, 02:43 PM
  2. PA Medical Marijuana Law
    By GeneCC in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: May 9th, 2014, 09:07 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 24th, 2014, 09:24 PM
  4. Medical Marijuana
    By Michele in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops