Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Trey Gowdy willing to give up constitutional rights.

Former Congressman Trey Gowdy decided to chime in on the current events. According to this article from FOX News He is willing to give up constitutional rights to protect his life. Then he makes another comment that stating that additional laws won’t work if they are not going to be enforced. There is a video of the interview at the link below that better makes his point. It sounds like he wants gun ban legislation but is afraid to say it.

Fox News contributor and former Rep. Trey Gowdy said Sunday that “the right-to-life is the most fundamental, basic, primary right that we have. It is the right from which all other rights emanate.”
    Appearing on "Sunday Morning Futures," an emotional Gowdy said, “It doesn’t matter if you have a right to a lawyer if you are dead. It doesn’t matter if you have the right to free speech if you are dead. Doesn’t matter if you have the right to keep and bear arms if you are dead."

Commenting on the horrific mass shootings this past weekend -- with a death toll that now totals 31, Gowdy said the problem boils down to an enforcement issue.
    In a passionate plea on "Sunday Morning Futures," Sunday Gowdy, who served as a representative for South Carolina until earlier this year, asked legislators to assess whether the current laws in place are properly being enforced before resorting to the drafting of new legislation.

"More laws that are not going to be enforced is a panacea and it won't work," he said.
    "Show me a law that will prevent the next Sandy Hook and sign me up as a husband and father," Gowdy said, "...and I'll give up any other right I have."

Gowdy's remarks came before President Trump's comments on Monday morning, in which he condemned the mass shootings in Texas and Ohio as barbaric crimes "against all humanity" and called for bipartisan cooperation to respond to an epidemic of gun violence. He blamed mental illness and video games but made no mention of more limits on sales of firearms aside from so-called "red flag laws."

Trump tweeted that he wanted legislation providing "strong background checks" for gun users, though he has not followed through with comprehensive legislation following prior attacks.
    "We vow to act with urgent resolve," Trump said, speaking from the White House about shootings that left 31 dead. His scripted remarks came after two days of muted response to the shootings.
    "In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy," Trump said, adding that he had directed the FBI to examine steps to identify and address domestic terrorism. "These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America," he said.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/trey-g...-if-youre-dead

(Berks County)

Default Re: Trey Gowdy willing to give up constitutional rights.

Tray looking to cash in. You didn’t fall for his fake inquiries that went nowhere did you. He is counting on his elite designation as a former congressman to shield his family from the dictatorship he’s so willing to enable. Another POS.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Franklin County)

I think his point was, "That's not going to happen"....thus the reminder that if you're not enforcing the hundreds of laws already in place, a few more unenforced laws will do nothing.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(York County)

The something has happened and all the screaming beta males are making me do something. Politicians only care about themselves, and reelection. F00k him and every other turncoat.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I think his point was, "That's not going to happen"....thus the reminder that if you're not enforcing the hundreds of laws already in place, a few more unenforced laws will do nothing.
    Lets hope so.

He once said something (cant remember) that got my goat, and never liked him after that.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kp15460 View Post
    Politicians only care about themselves, and reelection. F00k him and every other turncoat.
    Gowdy retired from government service last November.

(Monroe County)

"Show me a law that will prevent the next Sandy Hook and sign me up as a husband and father," Gowdy said, "...and I'll give up any other right I have."
    MEANING, never going to happen so it means nothing. Doesn't signal him being an anti or anything else, he is a politician.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The context doesn't support that interpretation. “It doesn’t matter if you have a right to a lawyer if you are dead. It doesn’t matter if you have the right to free speech if you are dead. Doesn’t matter if you have the right to keep and bear arms if you are dead." He was clearly saying that those rights are less valuable than being "safe".

(Westmoreland County)

"More laws that are not going to be enforced is a panacea and it won't work," he said.

He's being clear here. He's not pro-gun control. He's offering to give up all of his rights.

He's pointing out to the dummies out there who believe in this crap that they're wasting their time and our time.
    Last edited by GeneCC; August 7th, 2019 at 12:33 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

China has a total ban on civilian ownership of firearms.

People in China make guns and sell them. You can find articles on it. A popular handgun is a 32 acp with a suppressor. They sell you some rounds too.

People usually murder in China with knives and explosives. People get hauled off and shot for it from time to time.

China has been gradually removing the death penalty from more and more crimes. Only a handful of them now.

We don't know the rate of violence in China. China executes more people than any other country on Earth. Maybe that's a clue that gun control ain't all that effective in curbing violent crimes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast