Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

(Washington County)

Default Are we delusional?

I've was hanging out with friends and said one of them said carrying isn't going to prevent a mass shooting. Those that carry are delusional to think can. The shooter will likely kill or seriously wound you before you can react due to the back that they have an assult rifle and you have a hand gun.

What do you think?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Are we delusional?

It depends on the situation. Out in the open, they would likely be correct. A shooter working his/her way thru a store with displays, shelves, etc. maybe not. The fact they have a semi auto rifle gives them an advantage, but they will be focused on shooting whatever in their line if vision moves. Since he was wearing hearing protection. the chance of not hearing someone coming from behind is high.

I would still try to avoid contact, but...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

One man armed with a handgun in Kenya saved 145 people from 4 Islamic Jihadist terrorists armed with AK47's.
    He did this while the police fumbled around outside and did nothing to save the people that were being systematically slaughtered for Islam.
    Yes, guns save lives.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

If faced with a crazed asshole shooter, I would rather be able to fight back in that situation than cover up my wife and son with my body to protect them.

Check out the link in my signature, there are thousands of examples of people using firearms to defend themselves. A few stopping mass shootings. (The guy in the Texas church shooting and the doctor at Mercy Fitzgerald immediately come to mind, there are plenty of others). In addition there are a lot of articles in the thread where the police say something along the lines of “it would have been much worse if the person did not stop the shooting”.

Think about it, a lot of potential mass shootings are not classified as a mass shooting because someone with a firearm stopped it before it got to that classification.

(Jefferson County)

Would you rather get into a boxing match with Mike Tyson with your hands tied behind your back or allowed to swing fists?
    Last edited by knight0334; August 5th, 2019 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Would you rather get into a boxing match with Mike Tyson with your hands tied behind your back or allow to swing fists?
    I have to admit. I really do like this analogy. However, it might not even be Mike Tyson. It could just be somebody who wants to beat the living hell out of you. Would you rather fight back? Would you rather be beaten to death praying for your life? Would you rather die knowing that every bone in your right hand was broken and that you did everything you could to change it?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Lancaster County)

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Ask your friend if he owns a fire extinguisher.

Tell him he's delusional if he thinks he can put out a fire with it.
    Firemen need trucks and huge hoses - call them instead.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

You're at a pretty severe weapon disadvantage. But I'd wager most firearm enthusiasts (like those on this site) have more training and range time than these cowards.

Also the initial police response may only have handguns. And we expect them to eliminate the threat.

(Bucks County)

What are we being delusional about here? Can I run to somewhere safe and get my back to a wall and protect myself if a shooter decides to come towards me? Lets say maybe.

But you are delusional if you think I am going to leave my safe space, target the gunman and be a hero. Sorry but this is self defense..........so unless you are family or VERY good friend you are on your own.

Just some reality.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast