Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Are we delusional?

Quote Originally Posted by L56 View Post
    I've was hanging out with friends and said one of them said carrying isn't going to prevent a mass shooting. Those that carry are delusional to think can. The shooter will likely kill or seriously wound you before you can react due to the back that they have an assult rifle and you have a hand gun.

What do you think?
    Nonsense.

Time after time the shooter is stopped by fightng back.
    They give up, run away, have their aim spoiled, waste ammo or kill themselves.
    Here are 3 instances

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...z3dgPtxv68MN36

Google "OKC conceal carrier stops mass shooting"

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/cla...n/283-71624413

Not fighting back never ever helps.
    Google Lubys cafeteria shooting.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Lancaster County)

Mixed bag. Go to Active Self Protection on You Tube and watch the Wal Mart shooting in think in AZ. Meth head number 1 comes in and starts to bang but his female companion was 30 ft behind him. A person with his CCL pulled out his 9 and chased him down the aisle. He passed his girl who was there to watch his back and she pulled out her gun and killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    My 3¢

1. I wasn't there, but regardless I fully admit I would protect me and my own family first and above all else. If that labels me a coward, so be it, but I do my family no good if I am dead.
    2. If the threat comes to me, I will act.
    3. Never underestimate the advantage of surprise. If I get to #2, I hope to be in a place to surprise the assailant.
    So many threads on these topics in so many forums, I have no idea if I wrote something similar here or not.
    If some scumbag decides to come in to where I'm at, I'm first and foremost worrying about me and mine; the rest of y'all is on your own.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by leonard777 View Post
    Mixed bag. Go to Active Self Protection on You Tube and watch the Wal Mart shooting in think in AZ. Meth head number 1 comes in and starts to bang but his female companion was 30 ft behind him. A person with his CCL pulled out his 9 and chased him down the aisle. He passed his girl who was there to watch his back and she pulled out her gun and killed him.
    Not much the good guy could do, as he didn't have an agenda card with all the players listed.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

What are we being delusional about here? Can I run to somewhere safe and get my back to a wall and protect myself if a shooter decides to come towards me? Lets say maybe.

But you are delusional if you think I am going to leave my safe space, target the gunman and be a hero. Sorry but this is self defense..........so unless you are family or VERY good friend you are on your own.

Just some reality.

(York County)

I've was hanging out with friends and said one of them said carrying isn't going to prevent a mass shooting. Those that carry are delusional to think can. The shooter will likely kill or seriously wound you before you can react due to the back that they have an assult rifle and you have a hand gun.

What do you think?
    What do I think? I think I’d rather have a weapon on me no matter what type vs what type, because it’s not s guarantee that the rifleman always wins. Distance, cover, angles all can play in to the situation and if I happen to be in the spot to have a clear shot at him/her then I want to have a tool to do so on me.

Also what I think is you’d better hope they don’t hold you at gun point on condition that you write something in English to save your life cause I had to read that post like 10 times to understand what you were talking about.

(Chester County)

If you watch the video of the Christchurch shooter he fumbles with a magazine, it won't function so he drops it and puts another mag in. There was about a 10-15 second interval that he was unable to make his weapon function. If some pressure had been put on him like shots fired from an unknown direction he might have either dropped the weapon and fled or tried to make his weapon function and fumble even more under the pressure. All time enough to run out of the building or put a knife into his chest.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Every case is different but, As ive posted on other sites regarding this, my first priority would be to get my loved ones and myself the hell out of there! No way Im playing super trooper and going looking to engage the shooter.
    I carry primarily to protect myself and my loved ones, not those who refuse to take that responsiblity for themselves! That being said, IF l was forced and able to engage the shooter, I am confident in my skill level and my weapon to try to do what needs done.
    Those who talk that as a private citizen LTCF holder they would go seek out and destroy the shooter or shooters have either never been in a fluid combat or shooting situation, think way too highly of their skill set, or they have a death wish! Remember we dont wear uniforms so if there were multiple civilian carriers attempting this or responding law enforcement you would probably be just as likely to be shot by one of them if you are seen brandishing or shooting! ------ I will use an example, I am trapped away from exits and pinned down in a position of cover with my weapon drawn but not readily visible. Mind you i have no idea who or where the shooter(s) is/are. From my postion I see Joe CCW sneaking through the aisles with a drawn weapon on his way to "seek out" the shooter instead of evacuating like most everyone else(Once again I dont know thats what hes doing, just see someone with a gun sneaking around) Guess who now has my full attention and is highly likely to receive fire from me in this chaotic situation!
    Last edited by firemanmark; August 6th, 2019 at 03:43 AM.

(Berks County)

What do you think?
    I think you have not so good friends. You just haven’t figured it out yet.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    What are we being delusional about here? Can I run to somewhere safe and get my back to a wall and protect myself if a shooter decides to come towards me? Lets say maybe.

But you are delusional if you think I am going to leave my safe space, target the gunman and be a hero. Sorry but this is self defense..........so unless you are family or VERY good friend you are on your own.

Just some reality.
    So if the opportunity to end s**t would present itself, you would decline? Well truly nobody really knows what they would/could do. We can only prepare and practice so much. I however believe in the average persons’ better angels.

I think the deranged know this and pick defenseless people in rights restricted areas.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast