Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
While I disagree with a lot of what he says I don’t think he is a plant.

Both red flag laws and assault weapons bans are harmful to the 2nd imo. Assault Weapon bans are immediate and obvious. Red Flag laws can be long term and insidious. Red flag laws are the slippery slope, Assault weapon bans are an avalanche.

Down the road red flag laws could be designed to include just about anything as a disqualifier. I think of stories I use to hear about Stalin era Russia where neighbors would rat on neighbor sometime making things up and people would wind up in a gulag. Who know what can be written in so that a neighbor could make something up so that another neighbor would wind up without their 2nd amendment rights. Red Flag Laws really are a slippery slope. I also realize that if a slippery slope is created we need to be vigilant and erect barriers on that slope so nothing can get to far on it.

A lot of pro 2nd amendment people hate the NRA with reason. I have that battle going on in my head. There are a things that they have done that compromise the 2nd which is sometimes hard to wrap your head around if you are a 2nd amendment absolutist. But in the end I understand that sometimes you lose battles to win the war. I also understand other people wanting to win every battle because they see that as the only way to truly win the war. I still see the role of the NRA and do think they are needed and will support them until/unless a viable alternative for what they do can step into their shoes. Groups like the GOA are great, but often have different goals and are not ready to step into the a void left by the NRA.

I would like every 2nd amendment person to be on the same page in the fight. That’s not realistic. It is possible to have supporters of the 2nd look at how to preserve the 2nd in different ways. That does not make one group antis and the other the true supporters. Discussion is good. There is nothing wrong with different viewpoints on the best way for the 2nd to thrive.
I'm not referring to any of that.
This guy just feels wrong, partly for what he is selling, but mostly for how he is selling it.
He doesn't talk like a 2A guy, he talks like a guy trying to talk like a 2A guy, and he writes like a guy being paid to write.