Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: NRA

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    The good news is I did not send the letter yet. I'm not a butt kisser but I will try. It is really hard to communicate effectively when the man is a liar willing to sell us for points.
    This election is Trump's to lose. While I did not like the Bumpfire Stock Ban, I can live with it. Trump made comments that this is about mental illness not an AWB. The other wild card is Mitch McConnell. Nothing gets past Mitch unless he wants it to. Congress does not return to session until 7 September.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    The good news is I did not send the letter yet. I'm not a butt kisser but I will try. It is really hard to communicate effectively when the man is a liar willing to sell us for points.
    First of all, the President has staffers who read the mail. And who still sends snail mail anyway? Just email your thoughts to the WH website...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

(Berks County)

An aside to Jenn and JakIII I agree but while trying to do my homework on this I really can't find reliable info.

Was hoping someone had some hard "evidence ".

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    You know every post you write has the same 3 common themes.

1. You want an "assault weapons" ban instead of red flag laws.
    2. The NRA should not be supported by gun owners.
    3. You offer no helpful alternative plan of action.

Your posts are also overly researched and wordy to an excessive degree, and you use a lot of language that I only see used by Liberal Democrats.
    I think you are a paid Bloomberg gun control employee pretending to be a pro 2A gun owner.
    I can't stop you from believing what you want, man. What will you do when you have to debate this issue with a real liberal?

Yes, JenniferG, that is not the correct spelling of 'sensei' in my name. Fujisawa-sensei is a character from El Hazard, an anime series. I don't speak Japanese, and had never seen the word in print when I made this account 7 years ago, so I did not know how to spell it, and I am not allowed to change the name. Maybe Bloomberg will buy some Japanese lessons for me if I make another post opposing gun confiscation laws 7 years from now.
    Last edited by Fujisawa-sensai; August 7th, 2019 at 10:23 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post
    I can't stop you from believing what you want, man. What will you do when you have to debate this issue with a real liberal?

Yes, JenniferG, that is not the correct spelling of 'sensei' in my name. Fujisawa-sensei is a character from El Hazard, an anime series. I don't speak Japanese, and had never seen the word in print when I made this account 7 years ago, so I did not know how to spell it, and I am not allowed to change the name. Maybe Bloomberg will buy some Japanese lessons for me if I make another post opposing gun confiscation laws 7 years from now.
    In Japan there are fewer gun owners than concealed carry permits in New Jersey. We don't know exactly how many people have been murdered by firearms or commit suicide with a firearm each year in Japan because the government controls the publishing of crime statistics. I can tell you how and when those laws were enacted but it makes no difference people still murder each other and commit suicide no matter what the published statistics say. It's no different than Australia where they inaccurately report their crime statistics because the government has no obligation to be truthful with the citizens especially after their gun bans. More people have been killed with illegal fully automatic weapons in Australia since the gun ban than the US in the past 50 years.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Speaking of GOA...hit the President with their latest letter:

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl....?promo_id=6820

And now a GOA letter for your Senators! This one goes to EVERY Republican Senator! Send both letters!

https://oneclickpolitics.global.ssl....?promo_id=6840
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    In Japan there are fewer gun owners than concealed carry permits in New Jersey. We don't know exactly how many people have been murdered by firearms or commit suicide with a firearm each year in Japan because the government controls the publishing of crime statistics. I can tell you how and when those laws were enacted but it makes no difference people still murder each other and commit suicide no matter what the published statistics say. It's no different than Australia where they inaccurately report their crime statistics because the government has no obligation to be truthful with the citizens especially after their gun bans. More people have been killed with illegal fully automatic weapons in Australia since the gun ban than the US in the past 50 years.
    Whenever I hear Japan and suicide...... I think of Japan’s suicide forest.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    Trump’s openness to extensive background checks for gun buys draws warning from NRA

Quote Originally Posted by gnb View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    Trump’s openness to extensive background checks for gun buys draws warning from NRA
    The main problem is the euphemisms. It's not "extensive background checks" or "expanded background checks", what they want is "a ban on all private transfers and a creation of a national gun registry".

They don't call it that because the truth would be massively unpopular. If they proposed an actual background check WITHOUT the gun itself being identified, WITHOUT adding $25-50 to the cost of every sale, then maybe the Fudds would go along and so would the sane people.

Instead, they lie. Because the vast majority of gun owners can pass any background check, so they don't care about an "expanded" one. So our job is to spread the truth. Not better background checks. They want:

- A ban on all private transfers, with perhaps temporary exceptions for some family members, but not for gifts or sales to your lifelong friends.

- Creation of a federal database of all gun owners, with a list of what you have, and penalties for if you no longer have it but you didn't go through an FFL or report it lost or stolen. And forget about that "boating accident" crap, they'll demand details, send out divers, and arrest you for multiple felonies for the false reporting.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Creation of a federal database of all gun owners, with a list of what you have, and penalties for if you no longer have it but you didn't go through an FFL or report it lost or stolen.
    I got pulled over in West Mifflin last year by a WM cop because my tail light was out. He took my DL and ran my plate, came back and was cool about everything, but before he sent me on my way he said "You have your carry permit on you, Gary?" I said yes and he was like "you carryin?" I said "yeah its in my pocket." He said "Ok, have a good night", and that was it.
    The point being, he knew I had a LTC just from running my DL and/or plate. This was a West Mifflin cop, I don't live in WM either.
    Last edited by gnb; August 8th, 2019 at 02:03 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast