Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: NRA

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NRA

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    While I disagree with a lot of what he says I don’t think he is a plant.

Both red flag laws and assault weapons bans are harmful to the 2nd imo. Assault Weapon bans are immediate and obvious. Red Flag laws can be long term and insidious. Red flag laws are the slippery slope, Assault weapon bans are an avalanche.

Down the road red flag laws could be designed to include just about anything as a disqualifier. I think of stories I use to hear about Stalin era Russia where neighbors would rat on neighbor sometime making things up and people would wind up in a gulag. Who know what can be written in so that a neighbor could make something up so that another neighbor would wind up without their 2nd amendment rights. Red Flag Laws really are a slippery slope. I also realize that if a slippery slope is created we need to be vigilant and erect barriers on that slope so nothing can get to far on it.

A lot of pro 2nd amendment people hate the NRA with reason. I have that battle going on in my head. There are a things that they have done that compromise the 2nd which is sometimes hard to wrap your head around if you are a 2nd amendment absolutist. But in the end I understand that sometimes you lose battles to win the war. I also understand other people wanting to win every battle because they see that as the only way to truly win the war. I still see the role of the NRA and do think they are needed and will support them until/unless a viable alternative for what they do can step into their shoes. Groups like the GOA are great, but often have different goals and are not ready to step into the a void left by the NRA.

I would like every 2nd amendment person to be on the same page in the fight. That’s not realistic. It is possible to have supporters of the 2nd look at how to preserve the 2nd in different ways. That does not make one group antis and the other the true supporters. Discussion is good. There is nothing wrong with different viewpoints on the best way for the 2nd to thrive.
    I'm not referring to any of that.
    This guy just feels wrong, partly for what he is selling, but mostly for how he is selling it.
    He doesn't talk like a 2A guy, he talks like a guy trying to talk like a 2A guy, and he writes like a guy being paid to write.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    You know every post you write has the same 3 common themes.

1. You want an "assault weapons" ban instead of red flag laws.
    2. The NRA should not be supported by gun owners.
    3. You offer no helpful alternative plan of action.

Your posts are also overly researched and wordy to an excessive degree, and you use a lot of language that I only see used by Liberal Democrats.
    I think you are a paid Bloomberg gun control employee pretending to be a pro 2A gun owner.
    also doesn't know how to spell sensei which means teacher. The NRA has been sidelined in this battle because it has to spend money on lawsuits. As so called 2nd amendment supporters tie the hands of the largest gun lobby. The democrats are laughing at us now and will run roughshod over our rights with new gun restrictions and Red Flag laws. Only a a handful of Republicans are left in the Senate to oppose such measures. Sue the fuck out of the NRA, make the democrats the authority on gun control and have their way. Bloomberg has finally found a way to take the NRA down with his unlimited supply of money and his accomplices that pretend to be 2nd amendment advocates.
    Last edited by JenniferG; August 7th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Posted this in the other NRA thread...

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Too many NRA threads already going and didn’t want to start a new one.

Fuck LaPierre if this is true.

NRA planned to buy a $6million mansion in Dallas for chief Wayne LaPierre last year, leaked records from the New York Attorney General's office show.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erre-year.html

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Posted this in the other NRA thread...
    Amazing how a lawsuit is filed against the NRA and La Pierre just days after two prepared mass shootings. If anyone knows anything about money and power, there are no coincidences.

(Berks County)

In the interest of fairness has Wayne ever addressed any of the issues being lodged against him?
    I personally have not seen any. Anyone else?
    'Tis easy to badmouth people via the net but I sure would like to know the truth and if anything has been verified by an impartial outlet.

ETA that I'm a life member but haven't upgraded thus far.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    In the interest of fairness has Wayne ever addressed any of the issues being lodged against him?
    'Tis easy to badmouth people via the net but I sure would like to know the truth and if anything has been verified by an impartial outlet.

I was aware of these accusations and wondering how the NRA would respond but now that they have been served with a lawsuit the lawyers are going to say since they are currently be sued they cannot make any statements. I understand that Oliver North tried to overthrow the current administration but failed. I never trusted Oliver North. I do however trust the judgement of Allen West and he has decided to stay on and try to clean things up. If there is said problems at the NRA isn't it incumbent upon all the members to speak up and have the questions answered not just a handful of people at the annual meeting? I wouldn't have an objection to new leadership if they are competent and are able to lobby. How quickly we forget how it was the NRA that stopped the Toomey-Manchin Universal registration bill but Alan Gottlieb of the 2nd Amendment foundation was all in on it with both feet. That monstrosity was only defeated by a few Republican Senators that still possess a backbone.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post

Of course. My post stated “if true”.

LaPierre deserves a salary like any executive, but (as a non-profit) the NRA shouldn’t be using my dues to buy him a 6 million dollar home on top of that.

I'm saying that a few rallies will also send a message. Because my message to the president is going to hit the waste bin the second he reads sentence one.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    I'm saying that a few rallies will also send a message. Because my message to the president is going to hit the waste bin the second he reads sentence one.
    Then write a letter that forces him to read sentence two.

Succinct facts, civil and polite.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Then write a letter that forces him to read sentence two.

Succinct facts, civil and polite.
    The good news is I did not send the letter yet. I'm not a butt kisser but I will try. It is really hard to communicate effectively when the man is a liar willing to sell us for points.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast