Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Currently on my deck, listening to an active shootout happening in Reading......

Just thought I’d share. This place is officially an active war zone. Just bought my dream house in Muhlenburg Park outside of reading off of 61. As I sat outside at 12:32am having a beer after work, I could clear as day hear a shootout happening in the direction of 5th street..... this is why my house has 5 cameras, 6 motion detectors, and a benelli under the bed.

Now to watch the crime blotter......

That is all.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Default Re: Currently on my deck, listening to an active shootout happening in Reading......

I feel like if I were buy my dream house it would be far away from a urban war zone, but that's just me.

Default Re: Currently on my deck, listening to an active shootout happening in Reading......

There are scanner apps like 5-0 radio that you can use to listen to what is going on in your neighborhood.

(Lehigh County)

Reading isn't what it use to be

(Bucks County)

I read years ago that it was inadvisable to take the Morgantown exit. (Do I have that right?)
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I read years ago that it was inadvisable to take the Morgantown exit. (Do I have that right?)
    I take it every day. Nice area. The city of Reading is a shit hole 3rd world hell hole and an armpit.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Schuylkill County)

My nephew lived in York a few years ago but moved to north of the city. I asked him how the new place was.
    His reply was, well, there's not as many gunshots at night.

I live just off the Appalachian trail in Schuylkill co. We hear gunshots a lot as well. Sometimes even a cannon, but its during the day and no return fire.

(Clearfield County)

Morgantown is alright, some of the area surrounding it is a bit white trashy but you wouldn't get shot there.

(Bucks County)

I got an emergency call out for a nitrogen tank venting heavily up in the north Reading area last night at 10. I got home about 6am. I was right there, didn’t hear a thing. Of course, the nitrogen tank venting at 450 psi right next to me is pretty loud too. The cloud it created probably deflected any stray shots that came my way.

(Chester County)

Not at all. Morgantown/Elverson is relatively rural. No worries there. The only shooting you'll hear is from Elverson gun club.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast