Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Currently on my deck, listening to an active shootout happening in Reading......

The thing I remember is it was talk about crime and there being more than one exit for Reading and you don't want to take the wrong one. As I recall it, it was Morgantown. That, I could be misremembering. (Is that a word?) For some reason that wrong exit remark stayed in my mind. Don't know why...haven't been to Reading since the 1960s.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Currently on my deck, listening to an active shootout happening in Reading......

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The thing I remember is it was talk about crime and there being more than one exit for Reading and you don't want to take the wrong one. As I recall it, it was Morgantown. That, I could be misremembering. (Is that a word?) For some reason that wrong exit remark stayed in my mind. Don't know why...haven't been to Reading since the 1960s.
    I'm thinking that you misconstrued what was being said. Neither of the two exits for Reading are bad areas but the truth is you don't want to take the wrong one, if you did you'd be quite a few miles from where you wanted to be.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Neither of the two exits for Reading are bad areas
    Good to learn.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Indiana County)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Exiting the turnpike at Morgantown will take you to the Reading area via 176. I believe that you are thinking of exits from 422 at exits into the city. That is 10 or more miles away from the Morgantown exit.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Windmill Restaurant in Morgantown is “fine dining” for breakfast... I go there all the time. No concerns for my safety... other than the coffee.

Attachment 119989
    The chili is pretty good there too. I meet my friend from Reading there for lunch occasionally.

I was at the ball park in Reading with my friend from Reading watching the Los Peleadores. I heard no gun shots just some thunder off in the distance. The game was delayed about an hour and a half because of a thunderstorm that just skirted Reading to the north. No one kneeling at the National Anthem. Of all things it was Latino heritage night. Imagine that. Incidentally if anyone is curious there are no metal detectors or wands at the gate. The last post I could find about that was 2017 on the forum. Concealed carry good to go.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I'm about 2 miles North. The only gunfire I hear is from Muhl Twp Shooting Assn. It echoes down the river.
    Exactly what I’m used to hearing. I’m 1/2 a mile from the police range. Full autos ringing most weekend mornings. Last night was def not the cops.

as stated house.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Just thought I’d share. This place is officially an active war zone. Just bought my dream house in Muhlenburg Park outside of reading off of 61. As I sat outside at 12:32am having a beer after work, I could clear as day hear a shootout happening in the direction of 5th street..... this is why my house has 5 cameras, 6 motion detectors, and a benelli under the bed.

Now to watch the crime blotter......

That is all.
    How are you securing the Benelli under the bed? I have been looking for a way to secure a shotgun in the bedroom.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jb7304 View Post
    How are you securing the Benelli under the bed? I have been looking for a way to secure a shotgun in the bedroom.
    It’s easy when there are no kids in the house. I used two hard drive magnets mounted to the bed frame.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jb7304 View Post
    If you got kids, check out the concealed headboards, or bed frames. Ive seen a king sized slide out drawer that opened with palm scanners and just chock full of goodies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast