Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Currently on my deck, listening to an active shootout happening in Reading......

If anyone is familiar with dairy farms of America (DFA) or Jim Dietrich Park, I bought Jim Ds 1952 mid century playboy mansion. Awesome house, used to be great location....
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(York County)

Default Re: Currently on my deck, listening to an active shootout happening in Reading......

I was on the roof of a school in Reading on Tuesday. The number of used fireworks of the roof was crazy, and when I mentioned it to the maintenance staff they said the roof caught fire on the 4th. Nothing like burning down one of the only opportunities your kids have to make it out of the hood...

P.S. the mechanical maintenance of the district is atrocious too, but that a different thread!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I read years ago that it was inadvisable to take the Morgantown exit. (Do I have that right?)
    I would disagree with that...unless there is more to your story.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Windmill Restaurant in Morgantown is “fine dining” for breakfast... I go there all the time. No concerns for my safety... other than the coffee.

their-very-unique-facade.jpg

(Bucks County)

my in laws used to live on Mcilvain St. in reading. sister in law urged me to make sure I was armed wen I went there....

yeah....ever been to kingsessing?

I will remark, however, I won't go to the pagoda at night anymore. not the crime...the asshat drivers.
    Last edited by jakebrake; August 3rd, 2019 at 08:55 AM.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    Reading isn't what it use to be
    My father was born in a private home on Pine St. He always talks about how they didn't even close the door much less lock up at night. I went by it a few years ago, pretty sure the occupants were dealing. Sad.

Now I live several blocks away, over the bridge and just outside the city limit. At night I can see the Pagoda, fireworks at the stadium, and random gunfire if I'm "lucky". Zet 70, Muhlenburg Park? Buy more guns. If you want to go shoot sometime, send me a p/m. I go right up 12 and over the hill.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I feel like if I were buy my dream house it would be far away from a urban war zone, but that's just me.
    I have to agree. I don't live in my dream house, but at least the only gun fire I hear is from the LEO shooting range across the creek.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    If anyone is familiar with dairy farms of America (DFA) or Jim Dietrich Park, I bought Jim Ds 1952 mid century playboy mansion. Awesome house, used to be great location....
    I'm about 2 miles North. The only gunfire I hear is from Muhl Twp Shooting Assn. It echoes down the river.

I heard my "neighbor"(1/4 mile away) take two shots this morning..early about 8 am. Musta had a snake or two in the chicken coop. There is a range up the road about 2 miles away. I hear that mostly on the weekends.
    If you hear gunshots out here, it's snakes or playtime.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Lancaster County)

My daughter works for Berks County Children and Youth Services in Reading. You can imagine the folks she deals with on a daily basis.

She has her LTCF but, naturally, cant carry while shes out in about Reading working.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast