Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default PMs: Moving Sent Items to Custom Folders?

Sorry if I missed this in my searching.

Is there anyway to move PMs from my "Sent Items" folder to a custom folder?
    The FAQ seems to imply that we should be able to (at least does not imply that "Sent Items" is any different), but there is only a "delete" option in the drop-down and not a "move to folder ..." as is in the one for the "Inbox".

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Private Message Folders

By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the Inbox and the Sent Items folders.

The Inbox folder contains any new messages you receive, and allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent the message to you, and the date and time the message was sent.

The Sent Items folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy of the message for future reference.

You may create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them completely. You may also have a button which allows you to forward multiple messages from a folder to another member of the forum.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: PMs: Moving Sent Items to Custom Folders?

In your User CP on the left hand side, you will see a link under the Private Message header the reads Edit Folders. Click the link and to add a folder. You should be able to move messages to custom folders after you create them.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bdevil73 View Post
    In your User CP on the left hand side, you will see a link under the Private Message header the reads Edit Folders. Click the link and to add a folder. You should be able to move messages to custom folders after you create them.
    This doesn't apply to moving items out of your 'Sent' folder. I tried it (I already have custom folders) and ran into exactly what JD described - "move" is not an available option when you're in the Sent folder.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Open your PM box.

Scroll down to the bottom, right of your list where you see this:

leave "move to folder" in the text box and click "GO" a pop-up will tell you don't have any custom folder and give you a link to create one. Create and name a new folder.

Then go back to your inbox select the messages you want to save, go back down to the "GO" button, now you'll have your newly created folder in the list, choose it and save to the new folder.

If you want to access the new folder you do so here: (I named mine "old messages")

Good luck.

PS also in that "GO" button drop down list (and under it) is the option to save your PM's as text files to your computer.

Bill

ETA you can not do this for sent messages, those you can download as a text file though.

Last edited by soberbyker; October 14th, 2008 at 05:29 AM.

(Beaver County)

How many do you need to move? You could always forward them to yourself and then moving them to a different folder. In the future, add your name in the cc field and do the same. That's about the only way I know around it.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks Guys!

Thanks, Greg for the confirmation. I though I might be missing something.

BDevil, Good idea about the cc. I'll try it.

Dave

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Thanks Guys!

Thanks, Greg for the confirmation. I though I might be missing something.

BDevil, Good idea about the cc. I'll try it.

Dave
    Sorry I wasn't any help, I made up the direction post while getting ready for work, it wasn't until I was about to shut down and leave that I realized you wanted to move "Sent" PM's and not just PM's in general. So I added the ETA to my OP

Bill

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Sorry I wasn't any help, I made up the direction post while getting ready for work, it wasn't until I was about to shut down and leave that I realized you wanted to move "Sent" PM's and not just PM's in general. So I added the ETA to my OP

Bill

Sorry on my end - I should have acknowledged your information as well. I gathered you just missed the specifics of my post, but you worked up a great tutorial on the folder process. Maybe it can be stickyed?