Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Friends house burglarized.

Gee wonder why we hate Philly...
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

It's a shame that you're better off not reporting the theft in the first place.

WTF are they going to do about it anyway? Put out an APB to be on the lookout for the guns?
    The info that they were stolen is useless other than to be used to punish the victim of the crime.

What's that? Oh, they can return the guns if they are recovered later if you report the theft?
    suuuuuurrrrre... OK.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's a shame that you're better off not reporting the theft in the first place.

WTF are they going to do about it anyway? Put out an APB to be on the lookout for the guns?
    The info that they were stolen is useless other than to be used to punish the victim of the crime.

What's that? Oh, they can return the guns if they are recovered later if you report the theft?
    suuuuuurrrrre... OK.
    I agree, but the only tight spot his buddy could be in is it the guns are discovered in the commission of a crime and linked back to him.

Do not provide any license to carry firearms info to Bucks or PPD. I agree that's what they're trying to do - blacklist him from another LTCF.

I can't think of any legitimate reason for Philly PD to request Bucks county LTCF info as part of a burglary investigation, unless he made a statement that he was routinely transporting them from place to place without a current LTCF.

I think those who believe that Philly PD wants to have his license revoked are correct, and the fact that he let it expire is just an aspect of the knee-jerk response of the PPD to gun-related crimes.

It being Philly, I expect that they do in fact get some number of fake burglary reports from straw purchasers trying to launder their purchases and re-sales. But there are also actual burglaries that happen. So do the work, and stop assuming that every victim is a perp.

Possibly they suspect that the Bucks LTCF was revoked for cause, so they're fishing for some reason to blame the guy for the lost guns. Fine, they can run his name for any arrests or convictions. But there's no need for him to run up to Doylestown to do their legwork for them.

The PPD ROUTINELY tries to get LTCF's revoked for any reason at all, especially when someone claims that guns were stolen, on the theory that only careless people let their guns be stolen, and careless people shouldn't carry guns.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news..._to_track.html

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...508798431.html

https://www.phillyvoice.com/official...ns-probe-dies/

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/philly...n-598515779736
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Gee wonder why we hate Philly...
    Cause philly makes it SOOO easy.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Berks County)

I'd tell him to go get it himself if he wants it. He already has all the access he needs to any pertinent information.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

There’s always the possibility that the gun was stolen BY a philthy cop.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    There’s always the possibility that the gun was stolen BY a philthy cop.
    Which one? The rifles or the handgun ?

(Bucks County)

Why wouldn't the Philadelphia police be able to access all of the info on his Pennsylvania issued LTCF? Are there no state level records? Can only the issuing sheriff /county verify it is legit?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I can't think of any legitimate reason for Philly PD to request Bucks county LTCF info as part of a burglary investigation, unless he made a statement that he was routinely transporting them from place to place without a current LTCF.

I think those who believe that Philly PD wants to have his license revoked are correct, and the fact that he let it expire is just an aspect of the knee-jerk response of the PPD to gun-related crimes.

It being Philly, I expect that they do in fact get some number of fake burglary reports from straw purchasers trying to launder their purchases and re-sales. But there are also actual burglaries that happen. So do the work, and stop assuming that every victim is a perp.

Possibly they suspect that the Bucks LTCF was revoked for cause, so they're fishing for some reason to blame the guy for the lost guns. Fine, they can run his name for any arrests or convictions. But there's no need for him to run up to Doylestown to do their legwork for them.

The PPD ROUTINELY tries to get LTCF's revoked for any reason at all, especially when someone claims that guns were stolen, on the theory that only careless people let their guns be stolen, and careless people shouldn't carry guns.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news..._to_track.html

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...508798431.html

https://www.phillyvoice.com/official...ns-probe-dies/

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/philly...n-598515779736
    I can’t understand the request either. Even if the LTCF was valid, it would be up to the issuing authority to revoke it. And unless there is something more to the story, they would tell Philly to go pound sand.

We have had training updates regarding LTCF issues. There is a thread on here addressing a myriad of issues that were litigated by the other lawyer on here I believe. Not sure how the detective didn’t get the memo.

Not related to the OP, but the amount of firearms carried improperly/illegally in autos and then stolen, is quite concerning. With the Right, comes responsibility.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast