Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default "Shooters With Disabilities: Adaptive Defensive Shooting Nationals Match Wants You!"

This was recently brought to my attention and I believe there may be a few people who would like to learn a little more about it.

"Shooters With Disabilities: Adaptive Defensive Shooting Nationals Match Wants You!"
    https://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2...1LcHBG8SQ7YOZY

I am in no way affiliated with any of it and am just trying to get the word out to people with disabilities, that this sounds like something that might interest them.

I believe it would be very informative and fun at the same time.

Hope someone uses the information. Thanks, Geri
    Last edited by Cope's Dist.; July 30th, 2019 at 05:21 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: "Shooters With Disabilities: Adaptive Defensive Shooting Nationals Match Wants Yo

Very cool. Thanks for posting that!

Default Re: "Shooters With Disabilities: Adaptive Defensive Shooting Nationals Match Wants Yo

Appreciate it as well. I think it's something I am going to look into further.

Please feel free to spread the word! The responses I am receiving, just for posting the link on the forums, seem to imply there are a lot of people who would love to do something like this. I believe it's a win-win for everyone.

From a disabled shooter on another forum this morning "I'm officially registered for it. Still don't have much more information than what I previously posted. Hopefully, in the coming weeks and months, I'll have more information to pass along.

I can guarantee you, I'm not at all happy about or looking forward to, sitting in a cigar tube with wings for any length of time. (Airplane)

But, to be involved with something that could possibly change the face of the shooting sports, yeah, I'm gonna get on that bird and change my underwear two or three times because of it and have a good time damn it.

Over and beyond that, I'm looking at this as a hyper level learning experience. To get fifty (as the entrance/competitor limit stands now) people with various and varying degrees of physical abilities in the same room, with the same-ish goal in mind, and to be able to watch, speak with and ask questions of, and learn different techniques and adaptions from, get ideas from, and maybe be able to help another person, all in the same day or two, Yup, I'll be a guinea pig."
    Last edited by Cope's Dist.; July 31st, 2019 at 02:27 PM.