Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default OC and bumping into co-workers

I was talking to Greg this evening and I was telling him that I haven't been OCing as much because of my new job (Pizza delivery). I am basically playing stupid at work as not to arouse suspicion of the fact that I am CCing on the job or that I own handguns. I even went as far as to tell them I only have long guns because they have seen my NRA sticker on my car. Because of this I have been a little squeamish about OCing in public in case I bump into a co-worker. As this would really arouse suspicion about CCing on company time. I want to OC but really "can't" anymore because of this factor. As a matter of fact, yesterday was the first day in about a month that I OCed just to get it out of my system. Any thoughts on how to get around this? I'd like to OC but would not know what to do if I bumped into a co-worker or my boss off the clock and they saw my pistol. I need the job now, and some income is better then no income.

Thoughts?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: OC and bumping into co-workers

new job man....

or OC and IF someone from your job see's you tell them what you do on your time is YOUR business!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I was talking to Greg this evening and I was telling him that I haven't been OCing as much because of my new job (Pizza delivery). I am basically playing stupid at work as not to arouse suspicion of the fact that I am CCing on the job or that I own handguns. I even went as far as to tell them I only have long guns because they have seen my NRA sticker on my car. Because of this I have been a little squeamish about OCing in public in case I bump into a co-worker. As this would really arouse suspicion about CCing on company time. I want to OC but really "can't" anymore because of this factor. As a matter of fact, yesterday was the first day in about a month that I OCed just to get it out of my system. Any thoughts on how to get around this? I'd like to OC but would not know what to do if I bumped into a co-worker or my boss off the clock and they saw my pistol. I need the job now, and some income is better then no income.

Thoughts?
    Have a sit down with the boss, ask his views, and find out if the Co. is going to support your family if something happens to you?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    new job man....

or OC and IF someone from your job see's you tell them what you do on your time is YOUR business!
    Its not really that I care if they see it off the clock on my time. It's just the fact that I play stupid at work (know nothing about CC, no handguns) so they don't think I CC on the clock and somehow get made while at work and loose my job. I know its just a pizza job, but right now jobs are tight and I can't afford not to have a job as opposed to this half decent paying job.

It comes down to my rights or my job. Its a tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Have a sit down with the boss, ask his views, and find out if the Co. is going to support your family if something happens to you?
    My boss is a liberal Obama supporter of the first order.... there is no "talking" with him about it.

My experience with most people is that if they don't see it, it must not be there. I have had conversations while CCing with a number of people who know that I OC - they have seen me OC - and they just don't make the connection. Since they don't see a gun, it must not be there.

Second, if you do OC and run into someone from work who challenges you on your previous statement, just tell them that things change. You don't owe them a long drawn out explanation.

Finally, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was going to have more to do with how to handle people who get scraped when the hammer of your revolver pokes them in the side!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    IF someone from your job see's you tell them what you do on your time is YOUR business!
    There you have it. The only problem is you've set yourself up for more questions with the "I only have long guns" line. There is NO DOUBT that most of the people at my company know that I carry, and several have seen me OC. Only one has asked "Did you ever bring a gun to work?"
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Pike County)

Making a living is important.
    If you feel that the climate of your job is such that your employement would be threatened by OC, and you need/want the job then CC.
    All of our ideals are great, but if we do not have money for food and shelter then it is all meaningless.
    I got laid off a few weeks ago, and when I get a new job I will do my best not to piss off my new employeer.
    Good luck with the new job.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    There you have it. The only problem is you've set yourself up for more questions with the "I only have long guns" line. There is NO DOUBT that most of the people at my company know that I carry, and several have seen me OC. Only one has asked "Did you ever bring a gun to work?"
    So maybe I can tell them subtlety that I bought a handgun. If encountered in public I can tell them "don't have a LTCF" this is the only way to carry in PA legally (since they are a bunch of dumbasses anyway). My job is a little more sensitive I think about CC at work, that is why I was a little more skeptical about mentioning CC or handguns when they saw the NRA sticker.

So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.
    Last edited by Pro2A; October 13th, 2008 at 09:57 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

My response to that question would be "It's against company policy"

Neither yes or no

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    If encountered in public I can tell them "don't have a LTCF" this is the only way to carry in PA legally.
    More lies won't help, and if they check up on you, they'll ask how you take it in the car. If you want to avoid the topic, then AVOID it, don't lie - that will only make things worse.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast