Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: MPA Mac-11 with Pristol brace?

Buy a cheap piece of rail and drill and tap the receiver. There are companys that sell rails to mount to the rear of ak pistols

(Montgomery County)

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...without-stock/

Looks like everything youd need..

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I think he is saying he has the mpx style brace and needs some pic rail to mount it to, not a buffer tube type.

(Bucks County)

Yup that is correct.... The SB tactical FS1913 brace has the folder mechanism already built in... So the one one above would add a second unneeded joint.... (Like a wrist and elbow if you follow). I bet I could weld a piece of rail to the mount from MPA.... But at $80 a pit pricy..... For what will just be a spacer to mount the rail.... The receiver is already drilled and tapped.... With three holes in a triangle pattern....

This is the brace I want to add to the MPA:

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/fs1913/

* this wouldn't be such a hassle with the old style MPA or Cobray Mac-11s, Stormwerks makes a bolt on adapter with rail,
    That I could simply bolt together with the 1913 brace.... But it doesn't fit the new style MPAs... Like I just bought....

http://stormwerkz.com/stock-adapters...-type-2-m1913/
    Last edited by 1096369fred; August 7th, 2019 at 09:58 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

Since a pic is worth a thousand words.... Here are a couple of pics of my MPA:

Here is a picture of a clone Mac-11 with a Sig brace, and the stormwerkz adapter.... But would be pretty close to what I wanna do with my MPA:

Last edited by 1096369fred; August 7th, 2019 at 11:44 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

The more I look at this, and read reviews, the more I think I'll go with the side folding MPX Sig brace..... It is cheaper,
    And from what I have read, more ridged then the SB tactical 1913 brace.

http://stormwerkz.com/stock-adapters...dapter-type-2/ you may be able to find cheaper ones, or make one.

(Bucks County)

Thanks USMC3531,

I will check that one out.... I have access to a MIG welder..... (But have no great skill!) so I may try and cobble up something
    That will get the job done.... It Seems like MPA went to a lot of trouble threading the end of their aluminum receiver.... Only to have no accessories available....

I can't imagine why they did not put a threaded hole in the center of the back of the receiver.... Nor why they did away with the one on the underside behind the grip.... Which is where most aftermarket company's like US Machine Gun and Stormwerkz mount them..... It is a little frustrating..... But if ya can't buy.... Then make....

Well.... I'll give it the old college try anyway!

Thanks!
    F.

I have a piece of unfinished aluminum rail you are welcome to have. Cut a plate to match the rear, drill it to match the receiver then bolt this rail to the plate...

(Bucks County)

Hey Guys,
    I picked up a used Cobray for a good price, (thanks DirectorNCS!), and added the Stormwerks adapter and the SB tactical 1913 brace....
    Haven't shot it yet but maybe tomorrow! I really want to use the 1913 brace on my MPA so am gonna try my hand at building an adapter out of 1/4" aluminum bar stock.... I'm not sure how I am gonna locate the mount holes.... But I have a set of calipers.... So guess just located the X and Y axis and go from there.... How hard can it be?

(Famous last words!)
    I
    Thanks!
    Fred

Last edited by 1096369fred; September 24th, 2019 at 01:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12