Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Question re Boyd's plastic trigger guards

That exceeds my level of competence. Last time I used that, the SE corner of the bedroom rose 2 inches.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I've known some folks to use it to stiffen or deaden the sounds of plastic stocks , etc

(Bucks County)

The tape is .0069 call it .007 times three layers= .021 per side of mag well. That's a pretty thin section of bedding material over a relatively large flat area that does not offer great access. I think that is more work than necessary. I just wanted to stop the rattle. I load each round manually on the bench, I don't run the rounds from the magazine. I may eventually glue .020 thick wood strips in there. Probably a winter project if the need presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The tape is .0069 call it .007 times three layers= .021 per side of mag well. That's a pretty thin section of bedding material over a relatively large flat area that does not offer great access. I think that is more work than necessary. I just wanted to stop the rattle. I load each round manually on the bench, I don't run the rounds from the magazine. I may eventually glue .020 thick wood strips in there. Probably a winter project if the need presents.
    Agree , I'm with you anyhow ..... but I had to nod my head in agreement with the shitty part
    However .... you are a grown man , I assume you pay your taxes ........ tape that sucker all you want.
    Function before fashion I always say.

(Bucks County)

Fired 25 rounds from the 100 yard bench on bags yesterday. The load that was great in the plastic stock supported by bi-pod was a little disappointing. MOA but barely. And not all the time. Normally the 9-inch gong at the 200 is a breeze. Not yesterday. It was hit and miss. Miss when it seemed it shouldn't have.

Paper goes thru the channel all the way to the receiver. But slight pressure on the barrel makes the paper hang up a few inches aft of the fore end. Also, that plastic piece Boyds supplies that acts as the catch for the magazine release is no longer flat. The torque of the front receiver screw that goes thru it is warping it. I wondered if that plastic would hold up to 35 inch-pounds. What a lame cost-saving idea. Fortunately, it will be a simple thing to duplicate with steel. One of today's projects. That, and some sanding of the barrel channel.

Good talk.

ETA: Made the steel piece, cold blued it, replaced the plastic POS. Big difference in how the magazine latches, and that steel ain't gonna dish! Just needed a slightly thicker washer to keep the bolt lug from striking the threaded screw that otherwise can extend into the receiver too far.
    Last edited by Bang; August 3rd, 2019 at 08:37 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123