Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Capacity ban coming?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I have yet to hear of a NJ range doing so, and we've had the 15rnd mag ban in place for a bit now.
    I suspect that they all know that, if they do, business will be negatively impacted.
    So they enact the old military concept: don't ask, don't tell.
    That doesn't mean the State Police isn't sending their officers out to check especially in plain clothes, and yes they have enough compliance officers and will waste the time and money doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That doesn't mean the State Police isn't sending their officers out to check especially in plain clothes, and yes they have enough compliance officers and will waste the time and money doing it.
    I have yet to hear of any such incidences as you've listed, and I'm quite positive reports of such would spread quite quickly among the gun owning populace in this state.
    I've also as yet to hear of someone being ejected from a range for being in possession of a 15rnd pistol mag, or even a 30rnd rifle mag.
    Perhaps the majority of people who continue to use "illegal" mags do so quietly.

Finally, there seems to be a large percentage of gun shop and range owners in this state who are active or former police officers. Take what you will from that piece of information.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I have yet to hear of any such incidences as you've listed, and I'm quite positive reports of such would spread quite quickly among the gun owning populace in this state.
    I've also as yet to hear of someone being ejected from a range for being in possession of a 15rnd pistol mag, or even a 30rnd rifle mag.
    Perhaps the majority of people who continue to use "illegal" mags do so quietly.

Finally, there seems to be a large percentage of gun shop and range owners in this state who are active or former police officers. Take what you will from that piece of information.
    Well I know 1st hand that state police inspection of shops and ranges is to be conducted under advanced notice by your assigned compliance officer. I have been at work when the compliance officer assigned who lives several hours away from this range and shop walked in off the street in plain clothes on his "day off" because he needed a new rifle sling.

While he was there the ball busting started to happen regarding the range door being opened even though no one using the range, and firearms laying on the floor in their delivery boxes that had yet to be checked catalog and secured all had been dropped off 30 minutes prior by UPS and it was only two of us working that morning. I am not saying it's happening or not happening but I would not be surprised if it was and I do not think any NJ range is going to turn a blind eye and loose their business and giant investment if they do happen to notice someone using a banned item.

Having been a long time member of CJRP I know if you are breaking a state law you will be asked to leave and loose your membership even though they do not agree with said law. They have to operate within the law and there is no break by the state police for them if they are allowing members to break law's. This would also apply to any other gun shop/range since they are heavily monitored.

I am sure some are using their once legally owned property, and I am sure sooner or later someone will be caught and an example will be made of them. The point of the law is to have gun owners either turn their mag's in to be destroyed under the law or dig a hole and toss them in out of fear of being caught with that 5 extra rounds.

I am sure it's worked as intended as it has everywhere else when it comes to the law abiding.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    I’ll be sure to proof read my next post post...sheesh..
    There are 2 kinds of Poofa members:

1. Those who have messed up and gotten grilled for it.

2. Those who haven't yet.

Welcome to group 1.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    There are 2 kinds of Poofa members:

1. Those who have messed up and gotten grilled for it.

2. Those who haven't yet.

Welcome to group 1.
    I’m not losing any sleep over someone ribbing me, I just never understood the mentality of people that would feel in necessary to take the time to mark a remark over a clear case of a spelling oversight or auto correct incident. If you don’t have anything to add to the actual discussion why bother? And it’s not even like the reply was funny.. I would personally never feel the need to make a stupid remark over such a simple thing. Oh well, I’ve spent more time on it than it’s worth at this point, just silly.

(Montgomery County)

I’m not losing any sleep over someone ribbing me, I just never understood the mentality of people that would feel in necessary to take the time to mark a remark over a clear case of a spelling oversight or auto correct incident. If you don’t have anything to add to the actual discussion why bother? And it’s not even like the reply was funny.. I would personally never feel the need to make a stupid remark over such a simple thing. Oh well, I’ve spent more time on it than it’s worth at this point, just silly.
    You may want to steer clear of the Lounge then. Those threads derail by post 3 or 4 usually.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    how do these commy keep getting elected ?

https://forward.com/news/394354/why-...license-plate/
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Another story of someone else who should keep their nose in their own business.

(Berks County)

I can't believe how derailed this thread got!

Shame! Shame on use!
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast