Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Capacity ban coming?

these are not enthusiasts
    Bingo!! I was fascinated with gun designs and shooting pre-teen. I was a hot-rodder, and Dad used to admonish that a car was just a means of transportation.

Enthusiasm is the key to the difference between someone who owns something and someone who understands what they own.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Bingo!! I was fascinated with gun designs and shooting pre-teen. I was a hot-rodder, and Dad used to admonish that a car was just a means of transportation.

Enthusiasm is the key to the difference between someone who owns something and someone who understands what they own.
    Dad has always been neutral to negative with my car hobby too. For him, cars are a PITA to fix, and nothing really more than a means to get around. Fine to look at something old, special or custom, when it's someone else's nickel.

He's also the "my J frame and 12 gauge are enough" type of gun owner... but he's also intensely conservative and knows exactly what the Democrats are going after, he hasn't voted for the "wrong" candidate on 2A issues in at least 30 years.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    He's also the "my J frame and 12 gauge are enough" type of gun owner... but he's also intensely conservative and knows exactly what the Democrats are going after, he hasn't voted for the "wrong" candidate on 2A issues in at least 30 years.
    That is the rub. It's one thing not to be an enthusiast. It is a another thing to not be one, and not fight for your neighbors right because it does not affect you. The left tried to deem deer guns as sniper rifles. that did not fly, but the hunters could care less about the "matel piece of crap that shoots a .22". Queensland Australia has banned bolt action guns if the stock is black. food for thought.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    People who call for a ban on "high" cap mags have never actually reloaded with a mag. They must think it takes a long time to change mags.

They think using two ten round mags is different than one twenty round mag.
    But you also need to make one important distinction: are you the predator, or the prey? For an active shooter, yes, there is no difference in time to change a magazine. They are calm, collected, an in control of the situation. They can count their rounds, and reload a mag without having to cycle the action. The people who want to protect themselves on he other hand, are reacting. They do not have time to do a 1-3 second re-load when being shot at after only firing 10 rounds, unless they willfully choose to carry a gun that holds such little capacity. You may choose to carry limited capacity guns, but it should never be forced, especially when criminals do not follow the law, something democrats seem to not understand.

(Bucks County)

From what I've seen, dims are criminals that do not follow the law.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    But you also need to make one important distinction: are you the predator, or the prey? For an active shooter, yes, there is no difference in time to change a magazine. They are calm, collected, an in control of the situation. They can count their rounds, and reload a mag without having to cycle the action. The people who want to protect themselves on he other hand, are reacting. They do not have time to do a 1-3 second re-load when being shot at after only firing 10 rounds, unless they willfully choose to carry a gun that holds such little capacity. You may choose to carry limited capacity guns, but it should never be forced, especially when criminals do not follow the law, something democrats seem to not understand.
    I just had this conversation with my anti gun mother just yesterday, well I should clarify, mom isn’t totally anti gun she is just anti “assault” weapon. Guns scare her she says. It’s all fear based on ignorance. Anyhow. I explained to her that in a bass shooting situation where you have concentrated numbers of potential “targets” and you are the only one with a gun then mag capacity makes very little difference. I said to her that you can easily do just as much damage with 3 mags holding 10 each as one holding 30. Her response was, well if it makes no difference then why do you care about having them? I then went on to explain that the difference comes when you are receiving return fire or facing multiple assailants and stress and loss of fine motor functions Start to come into play, let alone missing your target or needing more than one round to incapacitate the attacker. Surprisingly she seemed to understand the distinction.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    I just had this conversation with my anti gun mother just yesterday, well I should clarify, mom isn’t totally anti gun she is just anti “assault” weapon. Guns scare her she says. It’s all fear based on ignorance. Anyhow. I explained to her that in a bass shooting situation where you have concentrated numbers of potential “targets” and you are the only one with a gun then mag capacity makes very little difference. I said to her that you can easily do just as much damage with 3 mags holding 10 each as one holding 30. Her response was, well if it makes no difference then why do you care about having them? I then went on to explain that the difference comes when you are receiving return fire or facing multiple assailants and stress and loss of fine motor functions Start to come into play, let alone missing your target or needing more than one round to incapacitate the attacker. Surprisingly she seemed to understand the distinction.
    I want to go to one of these bass shoots.

It sounds like fun.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

It sounds like fun.
    Striped bass taste better

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

It sounds like fun.
    I’ll be sure to proof read my next post post...sheesh..

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    So they do magazine capacity checks at ranges and gun clubs now, huh?
    I have yet to hear of a NJ range doing so, and we've had the 15rnd mag ban in place for a bit now.
    I suspect that they all know that, if they do, business will be negatively impacted.
    So they enact the old military concept: don't ask, don't tell.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast