Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Can a person with an FFl own magazines in New Jersey over 10 rounds

Some time in the near future I may be moving to New Jersey.
    Live in PA right now and the gun laws are fine.
    I know in NJ that you are not allowed to own magazines that have a capacity over 10 rounds.
    Now if I apply to get an FFL a get it will I be able to at that point own magazines over 10 rounds since I would be considered a dealer?
    Let me know if it is worth it.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Can a person with an FFl own magazines in New Jersey over 10 rounds

Who the Hell moves INTO New Jersey?

(Montgomery County)

Unfortunately, I really don’t have a choice.
    My wife wants to sell the house in PA and move to the shore.
    She is dead set on this and I cannot sway her opinion whatsoever.
    I do want to take some of my guns though, but my hi cap mags I really don't want to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by lraklrak View Post
    Some time in the near future I may be moving to New Jersey.
    Live in PA right now and the gun laws are fine.
    I know in NJ that you are not allowed to own magazines that have a capacity over 10 rounds.
    Now if I apply to get an FFL a get it will I be able to at that point own magazines over 10 rounds since I would be considered a dealer?
    Let me know if it is worth it.
    Yes an FFL can have standard capacity mags in NJ if they never leave the premises or are for sale out of state HOWEVER it is extremely difficult to get an FFL in NJ especially out of your home. Every branch of local and state gov have to sign off on it for the zoning and if approved the State Police will have to sign off on your facility and they require a very high standard of security as compared to PA or just about everywhere else. They can and will show up at random for compliance inspections. If they find that you are basically using your FFL for personal reasons other then the sale and legal transfer of NJ compliant firearms as a business then it will be pulled on the state and federal level.

You are looking at potentially spending thousands of dollars in money, time, and privacy in order to keep some standard capacity mag's in your place of business which most likely will not be your home that cannot ever leave there unless through the local postal system to a customer in a free state.

If you have a friend or family member in PA then leave them there it's cheaper and you will get as much use out of them as you would in NJ unless you have the coin to open a brand new shooting range as your place of business.

Good luck at the shore, I left there 6 years ago to come here and there isn't a day that goes by where I regret it.
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 25th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

I do want to take some of my guns though, but my hi cap mags I really don't want to part with.

LOL......the shore. The NJ shore is probably one of the ugliest shorelines in the country. Only people from NY and NJ think it's a destination.
    I'm guessing one or both of you are formerly from NJ?
    You do have a choice. Tell her to have a nice life. Doesn't sound like she gives one shit about what you want.

Have you tried hitting her?

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    LOL......the shore. The NJ shore is probably one of the ugliest shorelines in the country. Only people from NY and NJ think it's a destination.
    I'm guessing one or both of you are formerly from NJ?
    You do have a choice. Tell her to have a nice life. Doesn't sound like she gives one shit about what you want.

Have you tried hitting her?

The further south you go the nicer and quieter it get's since most NY's do not make it past LBI/AC for their vacationing. There are some very nice areas where you can get a decent house on a lagoon for a fair price (at least by NJ standards) and enjoy the quiet life 90% of the time.

(Bucks County)

You always have a choice.

NJ is a communist shithole. It's not just the gun laws that are oppressive and anti-constitutional.

If a house at the shore is a must have, think about Virginia and south.

I grew reen up in the PRNJ and nothing on God's green earth could get me to move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The further south you go the nicer and quieter it get's since most NY's do not make it past LBI/AC for their vacationing. There are some very nice areas where you can get a decent house on a lagoon for a fair price (at least by NJ standards) and enjoy the quiet life 90% of the time.
    I've seen most of it. Some of it is decent, but the best portions are certainly no better than the average coastline in other states. Add the NJ factor and it's ugly beyond imagination.

(Lehigh County)

Sounds like you should be finding a good divorce lawyer

(Bucks County)

Based strictly on the beaches and discounting politics, Cape May has some if the most beautiful shore line that I've seen. Yes, it costs $6 for a daily tag however the beaches are spotless, well maintained and best of all have very few new yawkers or philthydelphians. Lots of Canucks though, so get used to hearing eh a lot.

Harry's for lunch and drinks, Peter Shields for fine dining.

Yes, it's worth the extra 45 minutes or so drive time.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast