Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Can a person with an FFl own magazines in New Jersey over 10 rounds

It would be a lot easier to sell all your guns through an FFL in PA that are not NJ compliant.
    Once you move to New Germany you can use the money to buy guns they say you are allowed to have until they decide to make those illegal.
    If you like that you have rights stay in PA.

This is what you will be dealing with...
    https://www.wikihow.com/Acquire-a-Gu...-in-New-Jersey

:

Last edited by :-); July 25th, 2019 at 10:19 PM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by lraklrak View Post
    Well I am about to apply for my FFL.
    I have to get fingerprinted.
    I guess I will go to the court in Norristown which is the county seat of my county to get it done.
    Also get a picture taken so all this stuff goes with my check to the ATF.
    I am sure they won't turn down my money.
    That is what I really think it is all about.
    If your record is clean why not grant the license.
    They have nothing to loose except if they turn you down.
    As someone with a home based, internet gun business I can offer you some insight.

Once you send in your stuff, an ATF inspector will be assigned your application. First thing they will check is if you have the proper zoning and all approvals for a firearms business at the address you provide. You'll also need your state tax number and an EIN. If that's all in order, then they'll come to that address for an interview and a look around. If they get the vibe you're not a legit business venture, you're done. If you manage to jump through all of the hoops, you'll be issued a license. You may conduct business at the address on the license and approved gun shows. No where else. Your license is not transferable to a new location. You'll have to reapply if you move.

You don't want to run afoul of the ATF. It could result in stiff civil sanctions and potential criminal penalties that would prohibit you forever. If you're serious about moving, you're just wasting time and money because the approval process will take a solid 6 months.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

If my wife demanded that I move behind enemy lines, I would be out the door. Just saying, I know it isn't helpful...

(Bucks County)

Unfortunately, I really don’t have a choice.
    My wife wants to sell the house in PA and move to the shore.
    She is dead set on this and I cannot sway her opinion whatsoever.
    I do want to take some of my guns though, but my hi cap mags I really don't want to part with.
    DIVORCE! Just saying.

(Montgomery County)

Well thanks for all of your input on this topic.
    I think when you say "New Germany" many of the great firearms both old and new actually come from there.
    Heck our own armed forces use them and many around the world.
    Never knock Germany as a producer of firearms.
    As much crap that you see about them being pacifists, they have it in their DNA to make great weapons.
    I know they still do heck my father was German so I should know.
    They do allow their citizens to have firearms of course not on the scale like the USA.
    Not like Great Britain which is really one of Europe’s strictest nations on firearms.
    Last edited by lraklrak; July 25th, 2019 at 10:02 PM.

Well thanks for all of your input on this topic.
    I think when you say "New Germany" many of the great firearms both old and new actually come from there.
    Heck our own armed forces use them and many around the world.
    Never knock Germany as a producer of firearms.
    As much crap that you see about them being pacifists, they have it in their DNA to make great weapons.
    I know they still do heck my father was German so I should know.
    They do allow their citizens to have firearms of course not on the scale like the USA.
    Not like Great Britain which is really one of Europe’s strictest nations on firearms.
    I think they are referring to NAZI Germany when referring to NJ as New Germany.

(Montgomery County)

I know that firearms are harder to obtain and the laws are stricter in most of the developed world.
    Of course the US being the exception only in certain states at this point in time.
    Unfortunately, I do feel in time our laws will be stricter in all states.
    I give it maybe 10 to 20 years.
    It is only a matter of time.
    It is the way society is going and the newer generation of people think.

I know that firearms are harder to obtain and the laws are stricter in most of the developed world.
    Of course the US being the exception only in certain states at this point in time.
    Unfortunately, I do feel in time our laws will be stricter in all states.
    I give it maybe 10 to 20 years.
    It is only a matter of time.

It is the way society is going and the newer generation of people think.
    Some states are getting stricter and more anti. Mainly New Jersey, New York, Maryland and California. They are the states that the media plays up. But I do not think it is the overall trend.

Take a look at the map below. It shows one of the trends where gun laws have leaned more towards the 2nd Amendment. You’ll notice that New Jersey is one of the most unconstitutional states when it comes to carrying. Most other states have come around over the last 30 years.

There are other ways the 2nd is getting stronger which I’ve listed in other threads., the point is that it is not only a matter of time until all states are stricter. A lot of states are becoming more Constitutional. I like to look at it as that is the inevitable end in time.

(Allegheny County)

Instead of talking about German engineering and changing gun laws, you need to read this...

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    As someone with a home based, internet gun business I can offer you some insight.

Once you send in your stuff, an ATF inspector will be assigned your application. First thing they will check is if you have the proper zoning and all approvals for a firearms business at the address you provide. You'll also need your state tax number and an EIN. If that's all in order, then they'll come to that address for an interview and a look around. If they get the vibe you're not a legit business venture, you're done. If you manage to jump through all of the hoops, you'll be issued a license. You may conduct business at the address on the license and approved gun shows. No where else. Your license is not transferable to a new location. You'll have to reapply if you move.

You don't want to run afoul of the ATF. It could result in stiff civil sanctions and potential criminal penalties that would prohibit you forever. If you're serious about moving, you're just wasting time and money because the approval process will take a solid 6 months.

You need to get this "FFL" thing out of your head, because it doesn't work the way you think any more.
    unclejumbo gave you solid info. I know an FFL who also went through the process.
    The is NO SUCH THING as "just getting an FFL". That ship has sailed - those days are long gone.

If you are not running a legit business and you do not have a separate area in your home in which to conduct business, you aren't getting an FFL.
    You don't just "give them some money" - there's a lot more to it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Only an idiot would move to this state.
    That's coming from an idiots who's still stuck in said state.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast