Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Can a person with an FFl own magazines in New Jersey over 10 rounds

Years back anyone and everyone had an FFL and did it from home.
    Things changed. The gove didn't like that, so you can't "just get an FFL" any more - there are lots of specific things you must do, and... yeah, no - your grand plan isn't going to fly.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

I would hate to be you...did castration come with your wedding vows? Don't tell me you are a stay at home husband...that will put me over the edge.

(Bucks County)

To the OP: Run the numbers and go over them with your wife. Tax wise, NJ is one of the worst states to live in, especially if you're retired.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    To the OP: Run the numbers and go over them with your wife. Tax wise, NJ is one of the worst states to live in, especially if you're retired.
    That’s why half the retirees move to PA or Delaware. Not to be outdone by leaving the bastards put an exit tax on those who sold their homes and left.

Lucky for us Christie removed it before we made our exit.

Get a divorce, now.
    Seriously, get a divorce.
    You do NOT want to live here.
    Divorce will be cheaper, and you will be happier in the long run.
    Once you're here, you'll be stuck here without some severe pain; pain much worse than a divorce.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Blair County)

what about de at least the laws are not too bad unless you want class 3 stuff?
    i think that is a compromise i would say ether that or good bye .

(Perry County)

The proper compromise is a place in NC. Easy days drive to family up this way. A state that respects freedom more than the shithole that is NJ. I really can't think of a scenario where someone could force me to take up residence in NJ.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    The proper compromise is a place in NC. Easy days drive to family up this way. A state that respects freedom more than the shithole that is NJ. I really can't think of a scenario where someone could force me to take up residence in NJ.
    I grew up in Jersey in the 50's up until the 70's, and I'm with you 100%. I have a wonderful wife, but no way would I move back. No way. NC is a great suggestion, plus it's one house instead of 2.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Montgomery County)

Well I am about to apply for my FFL.
    I have to get fingerprinted.
    I guess I will go to the court in Norristown which is the county seat of my county to get it done.
    Also get a picture taken so all this stuff goes with my check to the ATF.
    I am sure they won't turn down my money.
    That is what I really think it is all about.
    If your record is clean why not grant the license.
    They have nothing to loose except if they turn you down.

Quote Originally Posted by lraklrak View Post
    Well I am about to apply for my FFL.
    I have to get fingerprinted.
    I guess I will go to the court in Norristown which is the county seat of my county to get it done.
    Also get a picture taken so all this stuff goes with my check to the ATF.
    I am sure they won't turn down my money.
    That is what I really think it is all about.
    If your record is clean why not grant the license.
    They have nothing to loose except if they turn you down.
    No it’s not actually what any of it is about. They DO not approve 01 FFL’s to those that have no intentions of running a commercial business.

So while you are at it your also going to have to set up a dummy business front I guess since you do not plan to actually run a business and hope to fool the state and BTAF when they require a list of your yearly business transactions.

I still do not understand how’s this is supposed to help you in NJ. Still none of this will allow you to keep or actually use your hi cap mags in NJ.

Might as well open a gun range while your at it.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 25th, 2019 at 08:26 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast