Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default POS Casey isn't even couching his intentions

Big surprise...

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about gun violence. I appreciate hearing from you.

Multiple-casualty shootings are devastating families and ravaging neighborhoods on an almost daily basis around this country. Gun violence in the United States has reached extreme levels, with approximately 33,000 Americans killed by firearms every year. We have witnessed some of the deadliest mass shootings in modern U.S. history at Sandy Hook, Charleston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs, Parkland, Thousand Oaks, Santa Fe, Texas, and even our own Commonwealth. On the morning of Saturday, October 27, 2018, we witnessed the most deadly act of violence against the Jewish community in American history. Eleven congregants were taken from their families and six other individuals were wounded, including four police officers who responded to the scene. The suspect was armed with three handguns and one AR-15 assault rifle. My deepest condolences are with the families of the victims, and my prayers are with the survivors, Tree of Life congregants and members of both the Squirrel Hill and Pittsburgh Jewish communities, whose lives were forever changed by a hateful act of terror.

These acts of violence strike at the heart of our Nation, and it is up to public officials to take action. We cannot simply offer thoughts and prayers while lives are lost and families and communities are torn apart. I believe my colleagues and I have an obligation to enact common-sense reforms that will keep Americans safe and reduce the likelihood of gun violence incidents. I support a number of gun reform measures, including:

The Background Check Expansion Act, which expands federal background checks to the sale or transfer of firearms by private sellers, closing the online sale, gun show and private seller loopholes. This legislation has been introduced in the 116th Congress as S. 42, and I am an original cosponsor.
    The Assault Weapons Ban, which would ban the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons, as well as ban magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition and "bump-stock" devices, which can convert semi-automatic firearms into guns that emulate fully automatic guns. This legislation has been introduced in the 116th Congress as S. 66, and I am an original cosponsor.
    The Protecting Domestic Violence and Stalking Victims Act, which would prevent individuals convicted of stalking, as well as domestic or dating partners who have a restraining order against them, from purchasing or possessing firearms. This legislation has been introduced in the 116th Congress as S. 120, and I am an original cosponsor.
    The Gun Violence Prevention Research Act, which would authorize $50 million for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to study gun violence, just as they would study any other public health hazard. This data would help us better understand the problem of gun violence and how to address it. This legislation has been introduced in the 116th Congress as S. 184, and I am an original cosponsor.
    The SECURE Firearm Storage Act, which would require all firearms to be securely stored when a federally-licensed gun dealer is not open for business. This would help to address the problem of gun store burglaries. Over 8,000 firearms were reported stolen from federally licensed gun dealers. This legislation has been introduced in the 116th Congress as S. 320, and I am an original cosponsor.
    The Extreme Risk Protection Order Act, which would incentivize states to enact legislation allowing a family member or law enforcement officer to apply in court for an extreme risk protection order against an individual who may pose a significant risk to themselves or others. Individuals under an order would be prevented from purchasing a firearm, and law enforcement would be authorized to temporarily remove firearms from the individual's possession. This legislation has been introduced in the 116th Congress as S. 506, and I am an original cosponsor.
    The Disarm Hate Act, which prevents individuals convicted of violent misdemeanor hate crimes from getting their hands on a gun. I first introduced this bill after the 2016 mass shooting at an LGBT nightclub in Orlando, Florida, where a gunman killed 49 people and injured 53 others. If you have proven you will commit violent criminal acts based on bias against where someone comes from, how someone worships or whom someone loves, you should not have access to guns.
    The 3D Printed Gun Safety Act, which would restrict the publication of digital blueprints that can be used to print plastic firearms with 3-D printers.
    Measures to keep guns out of the hands of known or suspected terrorists. If you are deemed too dangerous to get on a plane, you should not have access to firearms.

As we pray for the families and victims of mass shootings, and as families across the country mourn their daughters, sons, parents and siblings whose lives are lost to the daily gun violence in our communities, we must again commit ourselves to action. I refuse to accept that the best our Nation can do is simply enforce our current laws. It is not working. Too many families are devastated by gun violence, and too many others live in fear for their safety. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. This problem is not going away, so we need to come together now. I will keep fighting to make our communities safe from gun violence.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov . I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: POS Casey isn't even couching his intentions

Unfortunately he has his seat for another 5 1/2 years.

(Bucks County)

Casey’s effort on behalf of the people of PA is an example of just how low a politician can go to develop a base of voters who share his pathetic views on many issue of which gun control is just one. The man is hampered by dogma, both religious and political. I do not thing he has ever had an original thought in his political career. He has learned how to play the pro-life and anti gun folks. His positions never show character based upon individual thinking. He is a robot controlled by political establishment. He is joined by many democrats and republicans of the same type. The guilt is widespread.
    USMC 1961 to 1967
    MOS: 0811 Rank at Discharge: Corporal E4

(Lehigh County)

Here's SB 66. Didn't find it on Google but it was on Duck Duck Go. It's got a whole lot of specific names and models but doesn't include my "Lancer" so I'm OK.
    Seriously, haven't these people ever familiarized themselves with the term milspec?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...e-bill/66/text
    NRA Life Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Unfortunately he has his seat for another 5 1/2 years.
    We can hope it's only that long.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    We can hope it's only that long.
    Well, if people keep sitting out for elections, we're stuck with him for a long fucking time.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Blair County)

all the anti-gun goals set to paper . we should print it out and post it in all the gun shops .

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    Here's SB 66. Didn't find it on Google but it was on Duck Duck Go. It's got a whole lot of specific names and models but doesn't include my "Lancer" so I'm OK.
    Seriously, haven't these people ever familiarized themselves with the term milspec?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...e-bill/66/text
    That's pretty much a straight defacto ban on majority of firearms that aren't even used in crimes.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    That's pretty much a straight defacto ban on majority of firearms that aren't even used in crimes.
    Doesn't matter. They aren't interested in stopping crime just banning guns. Start with the scary ones and when that doesn't work (which it won't) go for the rest.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.