Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: New forum member/ New gun owner

Oh boy! Nobody else said it so I get to be first:
    Stop posting and get a lawyer!

Bwahahahaha, just kidding, welcome to FREEDOM!

(Northampton County)

is there a place to learn the law in relation to firearms in PA near Easton? I can research online but we know how much inaccurate garbage is posted online.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    is there a place to learn the law in relation to firearms in PA near Easton? I can research online but we know how much inaccurate garbage is posted online.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...59#post4028059

Post 17.

(Berks County)

If not said, get a License To Carry Firearms (LTCF). You don't have to carry yet, but for $20 it's well worth it, legally. Oh, and welcome.

(Montgomery County)

Hi all,
    I'm a new forum member, first time gun owner, and new resident of PA.

I moved to PA a month ago from NYC, so I can finally own a gun.

I applied for a carry permit 2 weeks ago when I got my PA license. I'm in Northampton County, so I'm hearing that it will take 30-45 days. I don't plan to carry but good to have just in case i ever need to transport my gold bars somewhere. LOL

I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4 Front Serrations online and picked it up from a local gun shop a couple of days ago. Love the way it feels, but I've shot it before so I knew that i would like it. Can't wait to take it to the range. I read the manual and watched some youtube videos. So I was able to take it apart and "clean" and oil it before using it for the first time. Will go shooting Friday maybe.

Any suggestions/advice/tips for first time gun owner, Glock-specific, anything really... TIA
    Welcome to the PAFOA.

The easiest way to keep up with the PAFOA threads is by clicking 'Quick Links' and then clicking 'Today's Posts' in the drop down menu.
    You can receive updates of subscribed threads on your 'Settings' page by clicking 'Thread Tools' and then clicking 'Subscribe to this Thread' in the drop down menu.

We need every gun owner to help protect our gun rights by voting pro gun in every election every year.
    The Democrat Party has made it very clear that they do not support your right to own a gun, please vote Republican.

Please make sure you are registered to vote here: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/P...plication.aspx
    Pro gun voter guides are posted in PAFOA before every election here: http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Please also join the National Rifle Association (NRA) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) to help protect your Second Amendment right to own a gun.
    Join NRA here: https://membership.nra.org/Join/Annuals
    Join GOA here: https://gunowners.org/donate/donations/join/ (sign up for GOA legislative email alerts on the same page)

Shooting is a perishable skill that requires proper training and regular practice to perform well.
    Please seek out as much practical range training as possible.

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Wayne County)

Hi all,
    I'm a new forum member, first time gun owner, and new resident of PA.

I moved to PA a month ago from NYC, so I can finally own a gun.

I applied for a carry permit 2 weeks ago when I got my PA license. I'm in Northampton County, so I'm hearing that it will take 30-45 days. I don't plan to carry but good to have just in case i ever need to transport my gold bars somewhere. LOL

I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4 Front Serrations online and picked it up from a local gun shop a couple of days ago. Love the way it feels, but I've shot it before so I knew that i would like it. Can't wait to take it to the range. I read the manual and watched some youtube videos. So I was able to take it apart and "clean" and oil it before using it for the first time. Will go shooting Friday maybe.

Any suggestions/advice/tips for first time gun owner, Glock-specific, anything really... TIA
    First off, welcome to PAFOA and welcome to PA! Please leave any NJ mindset that you retain in NJ and begin thinking as if you had always known the taste of freedom of act.

Please clarify something for me, because it sounds as if you are confused. Therefore, so am I. You stated "I applied for a carry permit 2 weeks ago when I got my PA license. "

What license did you apply for.two weeks ago? License to Carry Firearms? Drivers? PA doesn't have a carry permit. We have a License to Carry Firearms. It covers more than just concealed carry. If this is the license that you received you don't have to wait for anything. This license covers you for carrying concealed.

Please clarify,.so that we both know for certain what licenses you are operating under.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lehigh County)

Welcome aboard @Orange 479f5ec3dc9832d2758b6feb9822b982.jpg

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    What license did you apply for.two weeks ago? License to Carry Firearms? Drivers? PA doesn't have a carry permit. We have a License to Carry Firearms. It covers more than just concealed carry. If this is the license that you received you don't have to wait for anything. This license covers you for carrying concealed.

Please clarify,.so that we both know for certain what licenses you are operating under.
    I applied for my "License to Carry Firearms" 2 weeks ago when I received my PA driver license. Sorry for the incorrect terminology.

BTW- It's NY, not NJ.

(Columbia County)

Register to vote and vote pro gun. Many of our state legislatures including our Governor, Lt Governor and our Attorney general are anti gun and will welcome the NY state SAFE act here. Keep track of legislation on the state and federal level and vote pro gun or the anti gun menace will follow you across the border.

(Lehigh County)

Welcome, did you escape from Orange NJ? Just remember being bad can be good, and we have some folks on here with 'different' senses of humor.

Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast