Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot #3 (of 4) for 2019 - August 17, 2019 (Near Pgh)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Bring some 7.62x39 ammo and be prepared to start a new build...

Upper is complete.
    Temporarily mated to my 5.56 pistol lower.
    Needs some test firing!

Some day I’ll make it to one of these. Anxious to hear about the first rounds down range for this and how you feel about it. I never had any complaints about the ones I did a few years ago.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot #3 (of 4) for 2019 - August 17, 2019 (Near Pgh)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Some day I’ll make it to one of these. Anxious to hear about the first rounds down range for this and how you feel about it. I never had any complaints about the ones I did a few years ago.
    Next shoot is October 19th!

The 7.62x39 pistol is "almost perfect".

First press of the trigger resulted in a "click".
    Pull charging handle to eject round, press trigger - BANG!
    Press trigger, "click", pull charging handle, press trigger - BANG!

Light primer strikes.
    Ammo was Wolf (old, black box), TulAmmo (Walmart), some plain, white box stuff, and Golden Tiger.
    I got the most light primer strikes with Tula and the Golden Tiger was ALMOST problem free.
    I probably fired close to 200 rounds through it. It detonated more than it didn't.

The Toolcraft BCG I used is supposed to have an extended firing pin.
    I tried a different BCG that I know works and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I will try a heavier hammer spring and see if that does the trick.
    I hope it does, because I'm absolutely digging this "stubby", loud, blaster.
    It's so much lighter than my 6.56 pistol that has a heavy contour barrel.

There were no fireballs. That surprised me. There was hardly any flash at all, with only a few flashes with a certain type of ammo.
    It's loud - no surprise there, but not abusive to those nearby. I stood to the side as others shot it, and I didn't get that concussion you get with guns with brakes - the "cone" flash can seemed to do it's job.

The ONLY negative I noted is that felt recoil is more notable than it is with my 5.56 pistol and the Blade brace lets you know it.
    I never understood people who say "SBR it so you can have a proper stock" because it doesn't bother me shooting 5.56, but this one will be getting the SBA3 brace for some extra surface area.

I will probably start a picture thread for this little beastie.
    Once I get the light strikes solved, I think I'm going to have a new favorite AR15.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

It was nice seeing everyone as always - there was just fewer everyones than usual today. Ha.
    One new attendee today which is always cool. I enjoy meeting new people this way.
    I don't think I've ever seen bacon go home with anyone before. LOL - there was more bacon than there were people to consume it!
    (thank you Cindy for cooking it up!)

I'm not usually big on the competition type shoots, but that was an interesting one and not too intimidating for noobs.
    I realized that I had never fired a handgun before from the prone position. I may have to try that again on my own one day to see if there's a way I can make it work. Couldn't get my head positioned to where I could see through my glasses - was looking over the top and basically point shooting!
    I appreciated the loaner handgun for shooting that course. I had intended to grab my Shield for that, but forgot to pack it.

I'm happy to see that our relative newcomer is building his own stuff now and already planning more. These shoots are bad news if you're trying to avoid buying guns! LOL

Gotta get the word out that the next shoots will be extended until 3pm!

Looking forward to the next one!

(Allegheny County)

Attention Neillm!

DEALS THREAD HERE!!!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...ht=share+deals

(Allegheny County)

great time!!! I really enjoyed the side shoot, Thanks for all the work you put into these Sam.
    would have liked to stick around a little longer ( and eat more bacon )
    Hoping my Ar pistol will finally run 100% this coming last shoot!! LOL

Good seeing everyone as always!!

Attention Neillm!

DEALS THREAD HERE!!!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...ht=share+deals
    Haha, ok, thanks

Good seeing everyone, and it's always great to try new things! The deals thread should help, since clearly I need to start a few more projects

The side shoots are definitely fun and they keep things exciting. Thanks again for setting that up and to everyone else that contributes to host these!

Wish I could have been there. Still at work. Looks like another great time.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks to everybody who showed. A very relaxing day for me, I needed a day like this.

I'll try to get some pictures posted. My internet absolutely sucks tonight.

Now I sound like EM lol.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Allegheny County)

It was nice seeing everyone as always - there was just fewer everyones than usual today. Ha.
    One new attendee today which is always cool. I enjoy meeting new people this way.
    I don't think I've ever seen bacon go home with anyone before. LOL - there was more bacon than there were people to consume it!
    (thank you Cindy for cooking it up!)

I'm not usually big on the competition type shoots, but that was an interesting one and not too intimidating for noobs.
    I realized that I had never fired a handgun before from the prone position. I may have to try that again on my own one day to see if there's a way I can make it work. Couldn't get my head positioned to where I could see through my glasses - was looking over the top and basically point shooting!
    I appreciated the loaner handgun for shooting that course. I had intended to grab my Shield for that, but forgot to pack it.

I'm happy to see that our relative newcomer is building his own stuff now and already planning more. These shoots are bad news if you're trying to avoid buying guns! LOL

Gotta get the word out that the next shoots will be extended until 3pm!

Looking forward to the next one!
    Yep, Pennlineman does a very good job of coming up with "competition shoots" that are friendly for people of all ages and physical abilities. Definitely excited listening to his plans for the newer shoots too.

Also a friendly reminder to anyone who is new to these shoots... If there's a gun that seems interesting to you, find who owns it and ask them to shoot it. That's half the point of these things, don't be shy. I enjoy watching people try something they've never tried before more than actually shooting. I usually bring ammo for the purpose, and don't expect to bring it home.

(Allegheny County)

I think the whole cock squeeze thing kept people away!! LOL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast