Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Looking at guns at work bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Hoplophobia or no, if you knew that your workplace had an acceptable use policy (and ALL employers with computer networks do), you can't complain. I guarantee that you were advised of it, whether you paid attention or not.

Yes, it is stupid. Especially when you consider that they are making a happy employee, who is looking at guns, disgruntled and unhappy with his workplace. Seems counterproductive to me when all that was needed for a first offense was to have someone above you say "Hey, Ninerounds. HR got a complaint from IT about you using non-work websites. Nah, I don't know which ones, but I know you do. So, knock it off during work time, will you please?"

Document, then done

No one is upset, the word has been passed and a second offense is grounds for justifiable reprimand, since you were warned.

Honestly, considering that HR departments are supposed to deal with humans, they sure don't act like it. Their capacity for dealing with people is generally not worth a shit.
    I'll say it was my own fault, but I foolishly wasn't expecting someone to rat me out. I think the worst part is that I didn't even do anything illegal or threaten anyone

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    OP, there might be a bright spot for you. Two actually.
    One, Trump kicked the economy into hyperdrive, so they might be hesitant to lose you. Maybe you get a warning.
    Two, Trump kicked the economy into hyperdrive, so, even if you do get booted, there’s a dozen employers lined up waiting to hire a good employee.
    I was up for a promotion recently, but a senior manager was foot-dragging just to watch me squirm. I put a resume together and posted it on LinkedIn and also on Indeed. Voila! Promotion happened ultra quick and at double the raise I was expecting.
    Good luck! Learn from your mistakes!
    Thanks brother

(Montgomery County)

So what happened in HR?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The lesson you should have learned is your internet use at work is being monitored. It's unknown whether a firearms related word flagged on the website's URL that brought this to their attention or they are watching everything their employees do online. I noticed the term "assault rifles " and the phrase " because of maniacs with AR15's killing people ". Because of that I have two questions:

How do you define assault rifle?

Are you implying that AR 15s should be banned?
    Lesson learned, filled with regret. AR15's aren't the problem...the maniacs killing people with them have made the AR15 arguably the most hated weapon by people who obviously don't believe in the 2nd amendment.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I think its time to move on to another job and politely resign for reasons other than what H R says.H R also is not permitted to explain to any potential employer the real reason for leaving,Unless it is a Govt. position or one that requires backgrounds and polygraph ! And don't do that again you have my sympathies !
    Thanks, let's go shoot sometime

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Its monday. Does are op still have a job? Was he canned? Stay tuned to find out.
    Was told not to show up, still paid on leave. Tomorrow will be judgement day. Wife is pretty mad, I'm def in the dog house

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Exactly. Personal use of the company's computers is almost always forbidden, even more especially if it comes to something like guns. OP only needs one left wing looney tune walking by his desk and catching a glimpse of a gun on his screen to make the claim that they felt "intimidated" and are the victim of workplace harassment. Guess who's going to get fired?
    OP's only (slim) hope is that he is good at his job, his boss likes him, doesn't want to go through the work and time to recruit again, and pushes back to HR that firing him is a bad business decision. OP needs to talk with his boos BEFORE the decision gets made, if the relationship supports it.
    Boss mightve been the one to report me, so I'm probably toast soon

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninerounds View Post
    Was told not to show up, still paid on leave. Tomorrow will be judgement day. Wife is pretty mad, I'm def in the dog house
    Freshen up your resume.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Beaver County)

Eagleclaw, I shot an AR15 with a friend who has one a few weeks ago. I'm not against the AR15

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    Freshen up your resume.
    Already applied around with the time that's been given to me. I'll probably make less money but can't be picky. BTW this is the worst part of my own disappointment. I'm one of the IT guys. I'm not asking for sympathy, but I'm cheered up by those who feel for me. Seem like good fellows.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast