Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Question Windsor Fish and Game

Hey all,
    Any members of Windsor Fish and game here? I have read a few good reviews about this range, and it is much closer to my house the East Berlin fish and game, so I wanted to see if there are any members here? if so, anyone willing to take someone on a tour of the place? Thanks!

(York County)

Default Re: Windsor Fish and Game

isn't there a East Berlin fish and game? I am pretty sure there is

(York County)

Sorry about that, I guess my first Post was not very clear. I am currently a member of East Berlin Fish and game, and I live in South York. The drive to East Berlin to do some target shooting is really tough, and with Gas like it is expensive. I am looking for a range club closer to here, and I really like the outdoor places for a reasonable price. I thought about Freedom Armory, but its indoor and I got sticker shock. Thanks again!

(York County)

I am joining the Issac Walton League #67 in Dallastown next TUE night. Works out to about $180 a yr for a family membership. I have been to lots of ranges around the country and this in on of the nicest civilian ranges I have seen. Lots of stuff to do and become involved in there.

(York County)

Hmm, That place looks pretty nice. Only downside is the pricing though. I think I pay about 20$ a year up at East Berlin. But obviously IWLA offers a TON more for your money. I will have to talk to the wife about it. When you say family, that covers two adults and a few kids I assume? Thanks!

(York County)

Family is husband and wife. The kids are $5 each which gets them into all the kids programs.

I recently joined the windsor fish and game since it's only five minutes from me house, was driving to the dillsburg range and got tired of the idiots there.

if you would like to visit the range sometime, let me know.

(York County)

Cool Re: Windsor Fish and Game

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    I recently joined the windsor fish and game since it's only five minutes from me house, was driving to the dillsburg range and got tired of the idiots there.

if you would like to visit the range sometime, let me know.
    Hi Schmol, I'd like to take you up on the tour. I do have a question too, how hard is it to get into the Windsor Club? I checked out the application and it says you need 2 signatures from members in good standing (standard stuff, I know). I currently am a member at IWLA but with all the shooting events they schedule on the weekends, I find myself doing more fishing than shooting which isn't why I joined. I don't know anybody at the Windsor Club so any advice is greatly appreciated.

(York County)

Hello All..My name is Dennis AKA denny and my wife's name is Judy. We recently moved to Windsor last summer from Winterstown. There, my friend belonged to PA Fish and Game in Windsor. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and wanted to attend the monthly meeting to join. We used GPS and found where the facility is located, we are live 2 miles away perfect!! But due to Act of God, the bad weather and ice kept us grounded for several days and couldn't get out. My wife is a Corrections Officer at Dauphin County Prison and gets to shoot twice a year to qualify. Years ago when it was open, I would go to Spring Hollow gun range about 15 minutes from where I lived which was closed due to neighbors complaining about noise. Last month my son-in-law took us and our grandaughter to Rossville to shoot and I got hooked again on target shooting. I would like to know when the next meeting is so myself, my wife and my son in law could possibly join if all possible. Thank you all

Dennis Newberry

(York County)

http://www.windsorfishandgame.org/

Meetings are the first Monday of every month, applicants should arrive at/by 7:00pm. Signatures are usually not an issue, applications can either be downloaded or received at the meeting. This weather has wreaked havoc on the last couple meetings. Currently, parts of the range are under construction/improvement, scheduled to continue in the spring ( current project is a seperate dedicated pistol range ).

Please feel free to come to the next meeting, weather permitting.
    Last edited by DClan; February 10th, 2014 at 11:14 AM.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast