Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Talked to a gun owner in Texas today.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Sounds like one of those sovereign citizen assholes.
    You know, he might have been.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Cool story bro.

I think he's related to the jackass that tried to say he was able to carry on flights pre 9/11 with his FFL.
    I would like to be there when he gets pulled over in the PRNJ. Surprise, surprise! He said he had family in Chicago and goes there armed, so he would be in some trouble there too if he ever got pulled over.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I talked to a gun owner in California yesterday, who is my cousin by marriage. Sarcasm runs strong in my wife's family, but there was a level of seriousness in the conversation. My cousin started talking about being on the "jihad response team" and that any family member can join as long as they have an ar-15. My wife looked at me and being the new family member, I seriously but happily stated with a smile, "How about an ak?"

He then basically said no because that is a Russian rifle, to which I responded that one of them is a Russian AK and the other is a Chinese AKM pattern rifle. Not that I had them with me, but both my ak's are actually California compliant. At that point he said nothing further to me, so I just let the conversation die. I found out that my cousin is a veteran. I falsely assumed there might be some comrodery between family gun owners in San Diego.

On a good note, my brother in law by marriage (also a veteran) let me shoot on his property in Maine last month, so there is some hope with the new family!

Perhaps he had a bad experience with enemy soldiers firing AK's at him, leading to a strong dislike of them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I would like to be there when he gets pulled over in the PRNJ. Surprise, surprise! He said he had family in Chicago and goes there armed, so he would be in some trouble there too if he ever got pulled over.
    He had that covered he also had the CC badge. LOL yea he even though it ment something.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    He had that covered he also had the CC badge. LOL yea he even though it ment something.
    And some Rookie NJ Trooper, looking to make points with the brass would have a real fun time with this!

(Monroe County)

You should of heard the click my eye made when they rolled when I saw the badge. I wanted to ask if he also had the sash. Back to the my first point it's on the FFL that it's not a carry lic, there never been an FAA approved non LEO one.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Blair County)

i had a renter that clams that there is a national carry permit for truckers that he can go into Mexico with also .
    has any one else herd of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    i had a renter that clams that there is a national carry permit for truckers that he can go into Mexico with also .
    has any one else herd of this ?
    No, that is completely bogus. We have all heard of the horror stories of Americans going into Mexico with a firearm definitely not the thing to do.

(Blair County)

i also had a guy that worked for an armored truck company that carried a gun everywhere in dc wile working even in the cia building . i don't know about you i would not go into mexico with a big truck w/o a gun .

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Texans are always misinformed in my experience. They think they're the bastion of gun freedom and are ignorant of just how restrictive Texas is.
    They don't have gun registration in Texas like we do here in PA. That was pointed out to me on the Beretta forum. Registration is registration even if weasel words are used to disguise it.
    Last edited by JenniferG; July 16th, 2019 at 02:15 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast