Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default www.horstauction.com in ephrata pa has very good gun auctions plus accessories

www.horstauction.com

very good gun auctions
    and gun accesories

check out their \web site
    www.horstauction.com

their in ephrata ,pa

(Bucks County)

Default Re: www.horstauction.com in ephrata pa has very good gun auctions plus accessori

I’ve been to a few. They’re decent, but don’t expect guns to go for less than you pay in the store.
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: www.horstauction.com in ephrata pa has very good gun auctions plus accessori

if your looking for gun accessories thay are having a big auction august 3 2019
    i think over 500 lots
    no guns

(Clearfield County)

Expect 80% of the guns to go to 3 different dealers, as mentioned above, at full retail or considerably more.

Those same dealers stop at the local shops and try to buy stuff too, but expect pretty big discounts. I still can't figure out that pathology.

(Cumberland County)

So are the dealers buying the guns cheap and selling them at full retail price or more? In my experience guns at auctions bring stupid money for whatever reason. I've never bought a gun at an auction because I feel like they always go for too much money.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by burninghXcsoul View Post
    So are the dealers buying the guns cheap and selling them at full retail price or more? In my experience guns at auctions bring stupid money for whatever reason. I've never bought a gun at an auction because I feel like they always go for too much money.
    Sounds like the out of area dealers are running prices up at the local auctions, then going to the local gun dealers shops(who they just ran prices up on) and are expecting wholesale pricing or better out the door.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Sounds like the out of area dealers are running prices up at the local auctions, then going to the local gun dealers shops(who they just ran prices up on) and are expecting wholesale pricing or better out the door.
    Not entirely, the local dealers don't bother with the auction, the out of area dealers go to the the auction, buy guns there at top dollar, then expect the local dealers to give them special pricing. They also expect the local guys to hold "the good stuff" in the back and give them first dibs on it.

There has to be some sort of shenanigans going on, I guarantee you if walked into any of their shops with an identical gun they wouldn't give you 60% of what they pay at Horst's.

(Berks County)

There are 2-3 dealers at every Horst auction. They snatch up anything they can make $50 on.

Auctions are always hit or miss. I've found a couple decent buys there. An SLR 107FR for $800, an OPAP for $600, and an SKS that takes AK mags for $500.

OTOH, how about a Mauser Red 9 for $3600? Someone really wanted that.