Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Lightbulb Getting youth participation in shooting sports

I'm working on a project to help my club (and actually getting credit for it as a business class project) on youth participation in matches. Having a 2 year old son myself and waiting for him to be big enough to shoot or at least attend matches with me had me notice that not too many folks have theirs alongside them. I'm curious as to why that is and what we can do about it. Here is a survey about it and I would greatly appreciate your help, naturally of course to benefit all of us in the long run. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SLC8BTZ
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Getting youth participation in shooting sports

I've been teasing the guys who shoot our club "action pistol" matches to start bringing their Grandsons with them! Sure would be nice to compete against some people who were born in this century!

My son used to go to NRA Conventional Pistol matches with me once he reached 7 years old or so. He had his own hearing protection and he used to help me police up my brass after he got a little bigger he'd carry the pistol box for me. Both my son and daughter would accompany me for my practice session sin the woods near our house and both would assist me with reloading chores. Some where in the house there's a photo of my daughter using her high chair to me with reloading. My son is still active in marksmanship and competes in both rimfire rifle and high power and occasionally IDPA type matches also. My daughter enjoys shooting but is so caught up in building her business she rarely gets the opportunity to practice or compete.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Mercer County)

I take my 12 Y/O nephew to shoot skeet with me most Sundays, he enjoys making the clay explode

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    I'm working on a project to help my club (and actually getting credit for it as a business class project) on youth participation in matches. Having a 2 year old son myself and waiting for him to be big enough to shoot or at least attend matches with me had me notice that not too many folks have theirs alongside them. I'm curious as to why that is and what we can do about it. Here is a survey about it and I would greatly appreciate your help, naturally of course to benefit all of us in the long run. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SLC8BTZ

You want suggestions or us to just to take the survey to help your grade?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff