Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    7,406
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    I read that five inches of belly fat can stop a 9mm bullet from reaching the innards. I'm not fat. I'm armored.
    Legislating to prevent people's acts is fantasy

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North West, Pennsylvania
    (Erie County)
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    .22lr is good enough for everyone

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Springfield, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    21474839

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    Now much wood could a woodchuck, chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    "If ye love wealth greater than Liberty, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms" Samuel Adams
    "Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees" Emiliano Zapata

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Birchrunville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    66
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    15117245

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    Yes....right between the eyes. Thought I'd just get a post in for my count total. That's why this has strung out this far, right?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    I realize the guy is now banned, however there is information available about what he asks (and other handgun calibers also).

    The article is based on documented encounters, and use of handguns, on bears, and yes, the 9mm encounters were 4 for 4 against bears.

    I believe the most important issue is the ammo used, and more importantly shot placement, however the OP (I believe) was/is correct about the Buffalo Bore 147grn Outdoorsman as a good possible load (not saying 9mm would be my first choice).

    https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/def...#axzz5tsxfbRYG

    These are all DOCUMENTED cases, so I know you're all having fun with the OP, but it is a serious question, or at least it seems to be.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,859
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    I realize the guy is now banned, however there is information available about what he asks (and other handgun calibers also).

    The article is based on documented encounters, and use of handguns, on bears, and yes, the 9mm encounters were 4 for 4 against bears.

    I believe the most important issue is the ammo used, and more importantly shot placement, however the OP (I believe) was/is correct about the Buffalo Bore 147grn Outdoorsman as a good possible load (not saying 9mm would be my first choice).

    https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/def...#axzz5tsxfbRYG

    These are all DOCUMENTED cases, so I know you're all having fun with the OP, but it is a serious question, or at least it seems to be.
    Da bears.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    I realize the guy is now banned,
    I didn't see anything horrible in his posts, so I take it they are a repeat customer?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,426
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    I didn't see anything horrible in his posts, so I take it they are a repeat customer?
    He had other posts all over the place. If you check out his first post it is evident that a banning was eminent.
    Sorry but I'm all out of pity right now, please try later.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    He had other posts all over the place. If you check out his first post it is evident that a banning was eminent.
    I was talking about rwt1405, who was banned at the time of my post, not the OP. OP is an obvious troll. rwt is now unbanned, so must have been a temp thing, not a repeat customer.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Can a 9mm stop someone

    Hold it, I was banned?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 28th, 2016, 01:48 PM
  2. Replies: 87
    Last Post: April 28th, 2009, 07:08 PM
  3. stop sign, stop or slow down?
    By CrazyWhiteGuy in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops