Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default So I found this Kevlar ballistic vest and helmet at goodwill. What’s it worth?

Any idea on resale value? I already have a US palm vest. Might keep this helmet. All ballistic plates are intact and in place. No sweat ring or funk at all.

Edit: $900 online with all plates intact sounds far fetched.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Army-Improved-Outer-Tactical-Vest-w-Inserts-UCP-ACU-12-Piece-Lot-Quick-Release/264380458390?hash=item3d8e4da596:gdkAAOSwOxFdFr5A
    Last edited by Zet70; July 6th, 2019 at 12:03 AM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: So I found this Kevlar ballistic vest and helmet at goodwill. What’s it worth?

Nothing but cosmetic value. Date in vest is way beyond expiration. Only steel plated vests don’t expire

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: So I found this Kevlar ballistic vest and helmet at goodwill. What’s it worth?

How long are they good for? It was built 12/08.

(Montgomery County)

Soft armor should be replaced after 5 years.
    Sooner if used in conditions that compromise the Kevlar.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

^i read this but then couldn’t find any videos of surplus armor failing 20+ years old. Buddy told me it’s illegal to even have? Should I bring it back and demand a refund?
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    ^i read this but then couldn’t find any videos of surplus armor failing 20+ years old. Buddy told me it’s illegal to even have? Should I bring it back and demand a refund?
    The only ways it is illegal to have are: 1. It is stolen. 2. You have it during the commission of a crime.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Honestly I've seen a bunch at gunshots etc, it's not current issue and could have been "surplussed" but most likely someone "acquired " an extra set before they got out. The only armor they kept a close eye on while I was in was the hard ceramic plates. I would value that vest at $100 maybe. Throw some steel plates in it and dye the cover to a more useful color and call it a day

(Montgomery County)

Plenty of videos online showing well expired vests catching bullets. Did I miss it, how much did you pay?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Plenty of videos online showing well expired vests catching bullets. Did I miss it, how much did you pay?
    I know many here feel that vest expiration is premature, as we have discussed in previous threads.
    Personally I am not comfortable trusting my life to a vest past the manufacturer recommendation.
    People should do what they feel is best, but full disclosure should be given to a potential buyer.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Any idea on resale value? I already have a US palm vest. Might keep this helmet. All ballistic plates are intact and in place. No sweat ring or funk at all.

Edit: $900 online with all plates intact sounds far fetched.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Army-Improv...kAAOSwOxFdFr5A
    There are literally tons of these old style plate carriers out there, The ACU patter will guarantee that many more will appear as it doesn't camouflage anything, well maybe that couch in that famous meme. as for the helmet there are also tons of those out there as well, I have a few from different models over the years and I hear they even have a newer one out there. When I attempted to locate a purchase an ACH a few years back they were very difficult to fins as they were new, then after a while you could pick them up in pawn shops for s decent price. As for price you can get whatever anyone is willing to pay, you can alos ask for high prices but most times that's all you can do. If by some chance you get a hold of some current issue gear that is only available to Active duty troops you may get into some trouble is someone make a deal out of it. Someone is always stealing gear and selling it Soldiers/Civilian workers and the like. Ever since the rapid fielding initiative Millions of dollars of equipment was purchased off the shelf and millions of dollars of equipment went unaccounted for. I know for an iron fact that many units were issued complete RFI issues only to come back home and attempt to turn it in and find no record of the issue.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast