Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Question: ccw 6 spare mags

I have 13+1 in the pistol and no spare mag, but I don't live in Philly. Most days I think I am the only person in the building who is carrying. But, it is Florida, so on the off chance there is a gang of two or three old geezers who I feel the need to do battle with, I think I'd have enough for everyone with one or two left over. If I lose, it will not be because I did not have enough full mags.
    Now, If I lived in Miami or Orlando, I might think differently.

(Berks County)

Default Re: 6 spare mags ccw

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I have to wonder if he's carrying 6 spare mags each for the 19 and the 20? So that means he's carrying 12 extra mags, plus the mags in the pistols, bringing the total to 14. I want to know the manufacturer of the belt he wears.
    Radio Flyer.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Why does this thread smell like liberal tears, vaseline and butt?
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    You're only carrying 6 mags? You're seriously rolling the dice here. My standard loadout is 12, but 10 for summer while wearing cut-off jean shorts.
    I keep a 32 round glock mag duct taped to my inner thigh along with a set of klackers I can use like a bolo.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Why does this thread smell like liberal tears, vaseline and butt?
    Macho man Randy Savage will be right with you to take your order. Oh look it's Dolly and liza.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I keep a 32 round glock mag duct taped to my inner thigh along with a set of klackers I can use like a bolo.
    I just though you were just happy to see me.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    The big difference between yourself and the officer in that article, is the officer in that article has a job that requires him to intentionally go and face armed assailants. That means he is umpteen times more likely to be involved in a shootout. You, as a private citizen, unless you’re out looking for trouble, the odds of you ever needing a gun at all are, thankfully, infinitesimally small, and if you should end up in a situation at that point, you’re not going to be standing there trading gun fire for 147 rounds. Carry a back up magazine? Absolutely! Carry two if you feel like it’s necessary. But unless you’re carrying a micro pistol with a five round capacity, the chances that you’re ever going to need more than three magazines total is basically zero.
    One day your online talking to some Russian guy about guns, and the next your mixed up with collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Russianguy83 View Post
    QUESTION:::::::::I carry 6 spare mags for for glock 20 and glock 19 is that ok? Just in case I get in a firefight which I'd be taking cover 99.9% of the time. Do I need to carry more than 6 spare mags? Also for home defense I carry 6 spare mags in my AR-.308. I don't like shotguns because I don't feel comfortable shooting them and hate the kick. I'm not a gangbanger or in the mob I'm just an ordinary citizen who's extra cautious. If anyone sends 20 guys to my house with guns I'm probably screwed anyway plus anything can happen you can be ambushed by multiple gunman....but I don't live that life style so my question is can I feel safe and comfortable carrying 6 extra magazines for concealed carry for my glock 19 9mm and glock 20 10mm??
    Nice try Boris.

6 spare mags is stupid. IMO

Now to read the thread.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Butler County)

1 extra mag and 1 extra gun. Backup gun is either a small revolver or derringer.

Only way I can think to carry 6 extra mags without looking like your ready for a 3 gun run is to be very obese and hide them in the folds.

Quote Originally Posted by Russianguy83 View Post
    QUESTION:::::::::I carry 6 spare mags for for glock 20 and glock 19 is that ok? Just in case I get in a firefight which I'd be taking cover 99.9% of the time. Do I need to carry more than 6 spare mags? Also for home defense I carry 6 spare mags in my AR-.308. I don't like shotguns because I don't feel comfortable shooting them and hate the kick. I'm not a gangbanger or in the mob I'm just an ordinary citizen who's extra cautious. If anyone sends 20 guys to my house with guns I'm probably screwed anyway plus anything can happen you can be ambushed by multiple gunman....but I don't live that life style so my question is can I feel safe and comfortable carrying 6 extra magazines for concealed carry for my glock 19 9mm and glock 20 10mm??
    Satan, is that you?

Wakefield.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast