Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking It ain't exactly a gun, but...

My parents were here this evening to visit and celebrate my birthday, which occurred a few days ago. I was given the obligatory clothing, which I have hated since I was a kid, and which they give me every year just to twist my tail a bit. But then, wrapped in some towels, I found this...

This is a loader for the Black Dog magazines my .22 conversion kit uses in the AR-15. It is also made by Black Dog Machine. You can find them at http://blackdogmachinellc.net/ if you think you might be interested in any of their stuff.

Stuffing those teeny tiny cartridges into those mags was hard on my big digits, but this thing works real nice. You just stick the mag into the holder as you would into a rifle, fill the hopper with cartridges, and start turning the crank. I am not super fast with it (yet) but it is a whole lot faster and easier than the old way of thumbing them in! It will be interesting to see how it performs out in the field. But if the quality of the magazines is any indication of the quality of this thing, I am going to be very happy with it.

Default Re: It ain't exactly a gun, but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU OLD FART!!!

Nice present, too!!

(Westmoreland County)

Happy Belated B-Day, Mr.! Nice present...should make life a little easier on ya!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Old fart, eh? You'd better hope it's warm enough to ride with the windows down on Tuesday. When you get old, you fart more.

LOL Old fart... So how IS moses these days?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Berks County)

happy belated birthday.
    Is it five o'clock yet?

(Northampton County)

Nice gift. It takes a loader for sure, these things are a b**ch. But I can't shell out $1XX.00 on a .22 loader.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Well Happy Happy ... if my math is correct you are either 50 or 51, seeing as how we graduated high school the same year!

I think I gave you your present the yesterday at the shoot.

Yeah, I am 50 - old and stricken in years, as the KJV (and my kids) put it! I made out pretty good this year. I had posted in August starting to think about it, and she turned me down on suggestions like a S&W .500 magnum, a DE .50 AE, or a Barrett .50 BMG. But all around, I scored a Sig Mosquito (on which the jury is still out), this loader for my feeble old fingers, and Mrs. Plinker bought me the RCBS Chargemaster.

So despite being old, I got lots of stuff, and just like a little kid, I can hardly wait to play with it all. But tomorrow is Monday and I have to do actual work again. But I might be able to squeeze in some time to squeeze off a few rounds inbetween woodworking and woodcutting.

EHH 50? How the heck did you graduate in 76? I turn 51 1st week of January!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast