Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: ATF Re-Defines what a "pistol" is

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Still avoiding the ACTUAL facts but don't let that interfere with your fantasy. I could care less, honestly. If the way you interpret the ATF letter helps you sleep at night than so be it. If I'm wrong about what they said in the letter than great! I don't want this shit banned!
    How much would you like to bet that a month from now shockwaves and tac-14's will become AOW's?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    How much would you like to bet that a month from now shockwaves and tac-14's will become AOW's?
    Ok, so you ARE cherry picking your talking points then. There are more 12ga title 1 firearms on the market and in shooters collections than that. I've even referenced some of them.

Birds head grip aside, what are your expert thoughts on how they measure the Trench-12 or the Black Aces Tactical 12ga and whether or not they are now AOWs?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Ok, so you ARE cherry picking your talking points then. There are more 12ga title 1 firearms on the market and in shooters collections than that. I've even referenced some of them.

Birds head grip aside, what are your expert thoughts on how they measure the Trench-12 or the Black Aces Tactical 12ga and whether or not they are now AOWs?
    The 10" barreled black aces tactical might be fucked, I would need to measure the AK pattern gun

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The 10" barreled black aces tactical might be fucked, I would need to measure the AK pattern gun
    Seriously, I didn't mean to come across as confrontational and by no means am I trying to spread unwarranted fear, I just felt like some things needed to be addressed because the thread title is kind of misleading once you read into this more. Also I am by no means a lawyer nor an expert. I hope that I can help shed some light on the situation with my experience with some of the firearms that could be affected by all of this and state my opinion.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Yes the black aces and the ak 12ga is up in the air.... but the shockwave isn't going to end up an aow, but at any time could become a Destructive Device, the only thing keeping them out of DD is the sporting exemption that doesnt apply to all 12ga ie street sweeper

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Yes the black aces and the ak 12ga is up in the air.... but the shockwave isn't going to end up an aow, but at any time could become a Destructive Device, the only thing keeping them out of DD is the sporting exemption that doesnt apply to all 12ga ie street sweeper
    Not only that but tac 14s and shockwaves and the like that were sold or changed to have the brace adapters too.
    μολ ν λαβέ

This just popped into my feed. I haven’t watched it yet but figured I’d post it since Adam wrote the article for Recoil on the new determination.

(Clinton County)

Another interesting note for those who were concerned about "length of pull" measurements, since the brace isn't counted for measurement purposes then the 13.5" LOP is out the window.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

Just so we're clear here, they reclassified how pistols are measured. That's it. Over 26" the way they currently measure them and they can become a title 1 firearm other with the addition of a VFG.

This was in response to PickingPA.
    μολ ν λαβέ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345