Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Walther PPQ

Hybrid View

(Westmoreland County)

Default Walther PPQ

What are your thoughts on the PPQ.

Is the trigger to light for a carry pistol?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Walther PPQ

Not at all. It just has a pretty short reset. PPQ is my main carry gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Not at all. It just has a pretty short reset. PPQ is my main carry gun.
    It has the best striker fired trigger of any striker fired handgun I've ever tried, except for maybe the HK P7.

(Columbia County)

I own a PPQ. Overall it is a excellent handgun. Never had a malfunction and it accepts all typea of ammo. The rear sight is adjustable for windage via screw. Both the PPQ M2 and the PPQ classic are listed on Walther's website. The difference is the classic has the magazine release on the trigger guard like an H&K, and the M2 has a standard push button magazine release.

The cons; I don't own the PPQ subcompact but from what I read that despite being a double stack it will not accept full size magazines.
    The trigger is light. On their website the trigger trigger pull is listed at 5.6 LBS. However mine feels a lot less than that. it is much less than that of a Glock 19.

In my opinion it will make an excellent range gun but I do have concerns that the trigger is too light for every day carry.

(Tioga County)

I don't see how's it's too light for carry in regards to the trigger.

It shoots groups twice as tight as my Glock 17, so there's that.

(Westmoreland County)

My PPQ 45 is the only striker fired pistol I've ever owned and liked. It blows away any striker pistol I've ever owned from Glock and S&W. I plan on buying a couple in 9mm and no, I don't think the trigger is an issue.

ETA: The ergonomics are amazing. If you want to try before you buy show up at the Pittsburgh group shoot in August you can shoot mine.
    Last edited by pennlineman; July 5th, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Lancaster County)

Ergonomics are so subjective that what is perfect for one person doesn't work at all for another. Unfortunately, I'm in the group that the PPQ just doesn't fit.

The perfect fit for my hand is a CZ75 with factory rubber grip panels. That seems like it was custom made for me.

With my PPQ M2 Q5 I just cant duplicate that feel. I've tried all three rear inserts and various sleeves and tapes. The finger "humps" don't work for me either. Its not a horrible fit just not an ergonomic match.

Keep in mind that although it may have the best striker fired trigger of any striker fired handgun it is easily outmatched by a good hammer system. The pull is fine for carry, mine breaks over five pounds and that's after I polished everything that contacts something else.

It is definitely a good gun, just like all others though it is subjective to the user in many ways.
    Last edited by bripro; July 7th, 2019 at 02:23 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"