Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I finally had a bad OC experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Funny you should mention that. Not too long ago quite a few of us did just that. And in towns around the state, from time to time, as well.

If getting dead is a result of exercising rights which unquestionably exist, I'll take that over just pretending they exist.

Taking a tyrant or 6 with me would be a bonus.
    Noted.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DOC1500 View Post
    Hello officer what seems to be the problem? Well noticed you are driving a little erratically so we thought we'd pull you over make sure you're okay could we see your license please.
    No, I don't carry it on me.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Funny you should mention that. Not too long ago quite a few of us did just that. And in towns around the state, from time to time, as well.

If getting dead is a result of exercising rights which unquestionably exist, I'll take that over just pretending they exist.

Quite a few of these oc gatherings were held in nepa. More than a few in the area of the now banned gentleman.

He claims he oc's. He can thank these people who attended these meets and helped normalize oc and get extra training of the subject to the police.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    But you see, the police can't possibly know of all the laws and court decisions. At least, not the way that you and I are supposed to know and abide by them all.
    Streaker, while I can’t speak for PA, in NYC, every change of a law, results in the NYPD issuing an Interim, Operational or more importantly, a Legal Bulletin to its uniformed members of the service. I would think that Philly, being a First Class city would do the same? Maybe someone can chime in.

Anyway, I would think showing they, the police, should have known better, would make suing the city easier, if ones rights were violated.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Mmmm........doesn't work that way because the person driving the vehicle may not be the registered owner or the person with the suspended license.
    I actually saw this on COPS or Live PD once. "We're pulling this car over because the registered owner is listed as suspended."

[edit]
    tried to find a video clip of it, but couldn't. But found this:
    https://caselaw.findlaw.com/il-court...s/1605201.html

Cliffs Notes: Cop runs plate and shows that registered owner (female) is suspended. Pulls over the car, and it's a dude driving (who just so happens to ALSO be suspended). I didn't bother reading the rest, as I don't quite understand the lawyer speak. But the point is, it DOES work that way (legal or not).
    Last edited by Royinmontco; July 5th, 2019 at 09:55 AM.

I have been diligently keeping up with this thread for all eight pages and I still haven’t come to the conclusion has anybody answered the actual question at hand can they request to see your permit if you’re open carrying based upon them seeing it or do they have to make a lawful demand them meaning police.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    There is your problem. Should have gone to Pat’s.
    Hahahaha. This made me laugh. Thanks. I have been to Pat's before. It's been years since I've been to either and just chose Gino's randomly. I'll try Pat's again next time.

I'm somewhat familiar with South Philadelphia. I had actually been to a range that's not far from those cheesesteak places in that section of the city. This was at least 5 years ago. It was called SPAG. They had a great and very clean range. I had a lot of fun there. I just don't get into the city much. I would definitely go to that range again though.
    Last edited by Armor90; July 5th, 2019 at 08:17 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor90 View Post
    I'm somewhat familiar with South Philadelphia. I had actually been to a range that's not far from those cheesesteak places in that section of the city. This was at least 5 years ago. It was called SPAG. They had a great and very clean range. I had a lot of fun there. I just don't get into the city much. I would definitely go to that range again though.
    Used to go there all the time, great for pistol. Long guns, they'll let ya shoot them, but the range is way too short for them. Ridiculously high membership rates though.

(York County)

Given that Pa. is still in a prolonged state of emergency, an LTCF is required for open carry within Pa. for the duration of the emergency. The recent decision by the PASC, deciding that open carry in and of itself is not just cause for a Terry stop, (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't get excepted or set aside because of the emergency. That said, the rumor is Philly Police tend to do what they want and seek justification after the fact.
    Last edited by DClan; July 5th, 2019 at 10:15 PM.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast