Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus G2C

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Taurus G2C

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I wont recommend the 2.0, the Glock or the Sig since they are all over double the price of the g2c.
    My 2.0 shield was $300 shipped, which is about ~$70 more than what I've been G2Cs go for, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by grGuns View Post
    My 2.0 shield was $300 shipped, which is about ~$70 more than what I've been G2Cs go for, more or less.
    I’ve never seen a 2.0 that cheap. The G2C is $175 after rebate which is around $200.00-$225.00 new.

(Allegheny County)

I’ve never seen a 2.0 that cheap. The G2C is $175 after rebate which is around $200.00-$225.00 new.
    and mine was $154.00 after rebate

(Allegheny County)

and I'm not recommending this over anything out there.. anytime I recommend something whether Glock ,sig or S&W Chevy or Ford they will find a way to get the lemon

all I'm saying so far so good, only time will tell..

(Delaware County)

It was a black friday weekend deal

(Delaware County)

Love my G2C. Paid $190 out the door. Shoots well, accurate once I adjusted the sights. Worth every penny.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Bucks County)

I had a G2C for about a year. From my perspective it is a good gun for the price. The ergonomics were very good. Mine functioned flawlessly during the time I put over 1,000 rounds through it. It never impressed me as a 'fine' gun when it comes to quality of manufacture but 'fine' relates to finish not form ot function. As a CCW. EDC gun it if more than adequate. The magazine capacity is reassuring when compared to a single stack 9mm for most people.

So why did I replace it with a Walther PPS M2? First, I I like the ergonomics better, and ergos are important to me and my accuracy. Second, the build quality of the PPS M2 is better, and since t 77 I do not expect to be buying another EDC gun I wanted one that had excellent build quality. Third, having done two tours in Nam with a M1911 as my primary weapon i had not issue with only 7 rounds in the magazine, and that slims the gun down to make it easier to conceal. As a very trim man with a 33 inch waist slimmer is better for me. The reason I did not get a Shield is because the M2 seemed to get the best in most comparative reviews.The G2C 9s an excellent, reliable, economical gun.
    USMC 1961 to 1967
    MOS: 0811 Rank at Discharge: Corporal E4

(Wayne County)

I just bought one last week. After running 200 rounds through it with 3 FTFs in the first two mags to ever be shot out of it, it smoothed out and impressed the hell out of me. It is a very nice, affordable handgun. It is very comfortable to shoot. For the price, it is astounding!

With that said, I did just get a Glock 43X on Monday, which will.replace the Taurus most likely, provided that it shoots well. I haven't had time to shoot it yet. It is identical in size to the Taurus, but a single stack Glock is what I've wanted for a loooong time. If it weren't for finding the Glock, the Taurus would be my new carry pistol. I just don't need both.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I just bought one last week. After running 200 rounds through it with 3 FTFs in the first two mags to ever be shot out of it, it smoothed out and impressed the hell out of me. It is a very nice, affordable handgun. It is very comfortable to shoot. For the price, it is astounding!

With that said, I did just get a Glock 43X on Monday, which will.replace the Taurus most likely, provided that it shoots well. I haven't had time to shoot it yet. It is identical in size to the Taurus, but a single stack Glock is what I've wanted for a loooong time. If it weren't for finding the Glock, the Taurus would be my new carry pistol. I just don't need both.
    Congrats on the 43 X is it the black slide version ? How much for your G2C ? You know I am always a buyer .

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by L56 View Post
    I decided on a Taurus G2C for my first gun. I did a lot of research reading reviews online and watching YouTube videos. I want a concealed carry weapon and to take to the range. It seemed like it fit the bill for both. Did I make a good choice or is there a better option?
    I assume you are on a budget and that is why you chose this pistol for around $200. Could you have made a better choice - probably not at that price point with those features. I had the G2 - it wasn't a bad pistol. I just could not get use to that mushy trigger. It always went bang when I pulled the trigger. Taurus doesn't have the best reputation for being built for the long haul. If you decide to shoot a lot then you may want to consider something better in the future. Good luck and welcome to the "addiction". LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast